Saturday, March 9, 2019

My Week (some of it!)

It's Saturday night and I should be heading to bed....we lose an hour tonight. Just a quick update then off to bed I go.

We had a beautiful wet snow on Sunday into Monday morning. The kind that clings to the trees....and we have a lot of trees for it to cling to!



 Guess no eating at this table or burgers made on the grill!


It certainly was pretty!

And then it got cold. Bone chilling cold.

I'm hoping this is the last of the snow this year.

On Tuesday I took Zoe to ballet.
Do you remember the beautiful yellow flowering tree
 I posted last week?

Poor thing!
I'm sure the cold was hard on it.

But cold clear skies can bring a beautiful sunset.
I was blessed to capture this....

I love a pretty sky!

Here's a cute picture of my little guy, Noah....

While waiting for his siblings to get off the school bus
he wanted to feel the heat through the vent.
I turned up the temp and the fan,
he was pleased!

While waiting for Noah to finish at preschool on Friday,
 I enjoyed watching these birds....

Robins, a sure sign of spring!
This was not the first time I saw some this year.


I love a Shamrock shake, do you?

Got me one today....the first for this year!

Another blast from the past...

Me and my girls
at Greta's bridal shower
2012

Front row l-r
Gina, Kim holding Brinley (Marcy's daughter),
 Paityn (Marcy's daughter), Marcy
Back row l-r
Me holding Zoe, Greta, Ellen


It's to warm up this week and I'm looking forward to it. Rain too.....not so crazy about that. We have a lot of snow too melt and it will be messy for sure.

I'm having my family here tomorrow evening. I promised them our traditional Christmas dinner sometime because I decided I was no longer able to do it on Christmas day. It's too much work! So tomorrow is the day....we are having chicken cordon bleu, sour cream mashed potatoes and baked corn. We won't have all the side dishes and desserts since we did have most of them Christmas day. We will have cup cakes and lots of fresh fruit, a salad and  fresh veggies and dip. Ellen loves dip with her veggies....she will say something about it if it's missing!! I did some much needed cleaning today. I'll have to put the chicken together and the potatoes tomorrow afternoon. My day is done and I am heading to bed!

God Bless you and to all a good night!

9 comments:

Vintage Girl 901 said...

What incredible photos of God’s masterpiece! Just beautiful!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Enjoy your 'Christms' dinner today. Hope the snow is nearly gone and you have some warmer temps. We are looking forward to the rain being gone here and warmer temps too.

Kathy said...

Don't worry, Doris. I heard this is the last of our cold temperatures until next winter. Your poor little yellow tree will recover. Just rain here today and going up to 62*. Yesterday it got up to 59*.

Have fun at your dinner today. It sounds wonderful. Yum!

Lois said...

Yes, I rather enjoyed a shamrock shake occasionally a few years ago until I learned how sugar laden they are. YUCK!!

Mari said...

That wet snow really is beautiful, but I think we've had enough, right?
I'm not a shamrock shake fan, but I know a lot of people love them.
Your dinner sounds yummy.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

we had some pretty images as well, Doris, after that same wet snow fell here in Nashua, NH. Your scenes were lovely as were the ones around us and within several hours all the snow had fallen off again. None of our trees are showing any blooms yet, sigh.

Theresa said...

I am seriously WAY behind:( Beautiful scenes but I am ready for porch sitting and I know you are too:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Jean said...

Your snow pictures are amazing!! But I certainly will not mind if we don't see anymore of them until next winter. As you know, I tried the Shamrock shake after I read this. It was pretty good, but I was glad it was only a small.

NanaDiana said...

This just popped up in my feed so I am assuming your late "Christmas Dinner" is done...lol..
I am off sugar so no shamrock shakes for me this year....darn it...but they sure are good.
Love your little guy cozied up to the heating vent.
Have a great night-xo Diana