Sunday, March 3, 2019

More Snow and Good Friends

Outside it's snowing. Again. Hope you didn't read any excitement into those two statements because I'm not feeling any!! I'm so ready to move on to some color in my world.

It is pretty.

On Thursday as I was waiting for Zoe to complete her ballet class I suddenly realized what beauty was right near my van.....

Unbelievable!!

This tree filled me with hope.
Spring and color would come
even though more snow and more snow and more snow
was just around the corner.

We had snow Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Kids are loving it!
They've been working on a fort.


Ellen recently had two fun events with her friends....and we moms had fun too.

A Valentine Party
hosted by Elizabeth and her mom, Terry.

The girls decorated bags to hold their Valentine cards

We had some delicious desserts. Yum!

Then we gathered in the living room
 where the girls played a fun gift exchange game.

Marge and Elizabeth chat before the game starts.


Ellen and I attempted a selfie ☺


They had so much fun and were pleased with the gift that ended up being theirs.


Yesterday we were together again.
Bri had a birthday in January but we celebrated it yesterday
by seeing the musical
 The Secret Garden
 at Cavod Academy in New Holland.

 Getting ready for the show to start.


Snacks at intermission ☺


After the show the girls gave Bri 
the cards and gifts they brought for her.

It was so good to be together!

We certainly missed the 
girls and moms that couldn't attend.

Hopefully next time it suits everyone!

This morning at church I was blessed to watch this cutie...

Grandson Carson playing ♥

I'll leave you with a blast from the past....

Aren't they adorable?
Aidan and Zoe enjoying a spring day in the backyard of our former home. 
And now these two are 9 and almost 11. 

9 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I always enjoy seeing what you and your family are up to! Two fun parties for Ellen and her friends, and the cuties from years ago. Fun, fun. Maybe the snow will go away soon and you can see some spring color. Wish I could send you some of ours - without the rain!

Mari said...

More snow predicted here too, so I feel your pain! Glad the kids are enjoying it though. Looks like Ellen has been having fun. :)

Jean said...

I do love the picture of that budding tree! Unfortunately, I expect to see white stuff into April. That's just how it goes up here. I try to expect that so that whenever we do have Spring weather I will be pleasantly surprised!

Such fun times with your girlie!

That last picture is so cute! All these babies growing up so fast is hard to take sometimes.

Susie said...

Doris, I am ready for flowers and sunny days. :) I loved the pictures. Your two headed selfie was cute. :) Zoe and Aidan are so sweet in the last photo. We had snow today and I am thankful is was no more than 2 -3 inches. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

I won't complain about the rain and cold, at least we aren't covered in snow. LOVE the pictures from the Valentine and B'day parties. Crafting is so much fun in a group:) Those little ones are precious, SLOW DOWN TIME PLEASE! Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

Kathy said...

You got a lot more snow than we did. It makes me rethink moving out to Lancaster County. Looks like Ellen was having lots of fun. That is a great selfie picture. Hopefully the snow will go away soon and Joe and I can get out there and visit you.

Laurel Wood said...

I remember when Zoe and Aidan were so tiny. Time sure flies. I love the photos of Ellen and friends. Such wonderful fellowship. I do hope your snow slows down and warmer days are ahead for you. Sending love and hugs. xo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We also had more snow over the weekend and thankfully it was not as bad as in many states. But we are so thankful to have no where we needed to go and all day to not get there but to enjoy the beauty.

Vintage Girl 901 said...

What a fun post! I love your selfie with Ellen. You are both gorgeous!