Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Birthday Sweetheart

Yesterday we celebrated a birthday....granddaughter Zoe is 9! I cannot believe that she is that old already but she's loving it. I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. I was still working then and I could not wait until my day was over so I could see that little sweetie.

This is one of the first pictures I posted of her on my blog.

She started out small but didn't take long for her to be a puddin' baby!


Zoe requested Eggs Goldenrod for her birthday dinner.....she loves that simple egg dish that my mom made for me and my siblings so long ago. My kids loved it too!

All smiles!
Her brother decided he didn't want his picture taken 
so he held up the magazine in front of his face!


After dinner it was time to decorate her cake. 
Noah even contributed to the job
by throwing on some sprinkles ☺

Time to open gifts!

Looking at the pretty necklace.


A new dress and top too!



Lets eat cake!


Happy Birthday to you, dear Zoe!

 Noah needed to get in on the pictures too.


The cake was sooo delicious!!
It was GF too. 
Tasted just as good as any chocolate cake made with wheat flour.

Enjoy being 9, sweet girl ♥


8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

How in the world do these grandkids get old so quick? And what does that mean about US aging? LOL
Happy birthday to your sweet Zoe. Hugs- Diana

Susie said...

Doris, Happy birthday to your sweet girl. I love that pretty cake. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Mari said...

Aww - Happy Birthday to your sweet Zoe! They do grow far too fast.
I love your kitchen! And my kids used to get Ranger Rick magazine. :)

Jean said...

What a fun birthday! So I guess she was born the first winter we lived up here. For some reason I can't remember her birth. They still lived in their Mount Joy house, right?

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Zoe...loved her bday cake and know she had a good time. They grow up so fast dont they?

Theresa said...

Happy #9 Zoe! That girl is growing up WAY too fast! YUM to the cake, I wish I had a piece right now:) Enjoy your day dear Doris, hope you are having some porch-sitting weather soon. HUGS!

Laurel Wood said...

Happy BiRtHdAy Zoe!!! She is so sweet. That cake looks so good. It has been a joy to watch your grandchildren grow thru the blog. xoxo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Birthday 🎂 wishes to now 7-year old Zoe, who is the same age as our granddaughter Ellie (at least for now as Ellie will be 8 this July). Looks like a great celebration with smiles all around!