Saturday, February 23, 2019

Mary Poppins, Jr

Here I sit in my bed with the lap top on my lap (where else ☺) and a heating pad on my back.


  • using the laptop to blog. Not my first choice but the blogging app for mobile phones just doesn't work on my newer phone. I finally deleted it.
  • sitting in bed because it's the best place to sit theses days. I've been dealing with lower back pain for almost a week. It's getting better, thank God, but the most comfortable place to sit, still, is my most wonderful bed. 
  • heating pad.....reason stated above ☺ Just yesterday Christy wondered if I tried heat....nope. So she got her heating pad, I've been using it and my back has been so much better ever since. I'm so slow to figure things out sometimes!!
  • another funny, kinda. Not sure which day, maybe Tuesday, I thought it felt better so I sat on the recliner. Got up and my back hurt like crazy. When I told Christy and she told me that's what I said last time my back hurt! Oops, I didn't remember. Maybe now I'll remember next time I have lower back pain. Maybe.
Now to the real subject of this post, Mary Poppins, Jr!

Two Grandkids that live in the same house as we do have been practicing for months and last Saturday morning we finally had a chance to see the show at Ephrata Performimg Arts Center. They had a great time and the show was absolutely wonderful! 

The lobby decorations were amazing!

Above the snack bar.
Tea cups among the flowers!


Lovely!
(but not quite in focus)


More of the snack bar.


How about some cookies and tea? 


I didn't take photos during the show except these two at the end.

Zoe in the pink flowered dress.


Aidan in the white shirt and bow tie.
 
They were in the lobby waiting for us after the show.....

Having some fun!!
Brothers can be rather pesty sometimes =)


Love them!


A photo with Mary Poppins and Bert, of course!!

Then they needed to eat their packed lunch because they had another show in a few hours. I think there were 11 performances in all....if I counted correctly. That was over three weekends plus one Thursday morning where schools brought students to see it. They loved it so much but were rather exhausted when it was all over. So thankful for the holiday on Monday to recover!

I'll leave you with a blast from the past...

A snowy day February 2014
in our old neighborhood


Sweet Zoe 2014


Little man, Aidan, same year. 


8 comments:

Susie said...

Doris, I sure hope your back is better. I just had a bad bout with mine ...it lasted forever. Or so it seemed. I always use my heat pad...it's like a tiny security blanky for me. LOL. I love the cute grands. Adorable in their costumes too. Love those fun brother shots. LOL. It looks like it was a wonderful occasion. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Kathy said...

I understand bad backs all too well. Hope yours is in recovery mode. Some chairs just aren't good for our backs.

You have very cute and very talented grandchildren. How cool that they got to star in a show.

Jean said...

I’m sorry about your lower back. I had X-rays done a few months ago, and just as I suspected, my pain is from arthritis around the lower discs. I hope yours keeps feeling better.

Love the the kids get to be in musicals!!

Laurel Wood said...

I hate to read that your back hurts so bad. I do hope the heat will continue to help. Wow! Zoe and Aidan have grown so fast thru these last years. I enjoyed the pics from their show so much. We are having a very rainy/stormy weekend here. Praying you feel better soon, dear friend. xoxo

Theresa said...

I keep a heating pad by my chair:). I hope your back gets all better 🙏🏼 Those little ones are too cute all ready for the play. I know you enjoyed watching them. Hope you are having a restful evening. Hugs.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I am so sorry you have had the back problems but glad the heating pad has helped. Zoe and Aidan looked like they had fun in the play and so glad you go to see them perform. Prayers that you continue to feel better.

Mari said...

I'm sorry about your back and hope it's improving.
Zoe and Aiden are so cute! I know the show was fun, but what a lot of performances for them. I do like Mary Poppins!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sending get well wishes that your back will be feeling better, Doris. I have a similar issue whenever we travel and I sleep in a “strange” bed. A couple if Aleve tablets and a hit shower usually has me feeling better. Nice that you have two young performers in the family.