Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Grand Kids doing Grand Stuff! 

I love my Grands. That's not new news =)

Last Sunday this fella wanted me to take this picture....


He also asked me to send it to his dad. I did and got this response, I hope that's not all for him!! He wanted his dad to think it was! 

But he and I split it. He had more than half since the chocolate ice cream was in the middle and I'm not a fan of chocolate. It was YUMMY! 

Yesterday we finally could schedule a date to get pedicures....Grand girls and me! 


Waiting patiently. 

I took them to Empire Beauty School near our home. I've never gone there before but the cost was so much less. We took a chance. It was fun but different than getting it in a regular nail salon. 

First, we waited for more than 45 minutes even though I had scheduled it ahead. We realized after we were called back that the same students who were doing hair needed to also do our nail service. They needed to finish with their hair clients first. 

Second, they don't have any regular nail salon equipment. We sat on the hair dryer chairs and they had foot soak tubs just like what I have here (that I like but rarely use!). 

Third, they don't trim nails. OOPS! Mine needed trimming badly. My student was able to file them so it was good enough. 

Fourth, they do scrub and massage feet but not legs. My favorite Pedi includes a hot towel wrap on my legs while they paint my nails. Oh well....it costs less than half at the school! 

Fifth, they don't have many nail colors to choose from. But everyone was happy with what they got! Win!

Sixth, they don't have nail dryers. I messed up one of my toes before I got home :( Found some polish and 'fixed' it good enough. 

Best of all, the students were the SWEETEST! They were so kind to the girls. They talked to us and that means a lot. At so many salons the staff talk amomg each other but not to clients. I know, there's often a language barrier. 

Was it the best polish job I ever had? No, but we were satisfied. It did cost LESS than half =)



This student took a picture of Zoe's Pedi when she finished. 

Paityn choose dark blue with a sparkle coat on top. 

Zoe wanted a mint green with a sparkle coat but they didn't have that one. Instead she chose a light pinky purple and a sparkle on top. 


Brinley's toes! She chose white with a multi colored sparkle on top. 

They all are so pretty! 

I chose a dark red but no glittery sparkle :). Sometimes I do but it was taking long enough to finish my toes. 

Yesterday was also Grand Carson's birthday! We were invited to his house for cake and ice cream last evening. 


First he wanted to show us his cake. 


His mommy, our daughter Greta, is VERY talented! This is exactly what he wanted his cake to be....even the color of it inside. I'll show you later. 

Then it was time to open gifts. 

 



Yay books!! From his parents, other grandparents and an aunt. He loves books! 



Opening one of our gifts to him. 



He loves trucks and tractors....it's both! He seemed to like it. 


Yes, we got him a book too! 



Holding his ears while we sang happy birthday! Silly kid! 



See the trail of smoke? I wasn't fast enough to capture the blowing part!

Guess what color is the favorite of the birthday boy....hint, look closely at the cake. 


Green! He wanted a green cake and he got a green cake! 

What a fun time celebrating with you, Carson! You are such a special little boy. We know you will love being 4! 

(And I don't have one single picture of anyone attending this party other than pieces of his mommy......how did I manage that?!!)

Tomorrow is another Grand day. School starts! I think they all agree with me about it being Grand....guess we shall see ;-) 


5 comments:

Jean said...

You made it through the summer in grand style!!! Yeah Nana!!!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What fun for all to get pedicures and dont blame you for going to the school....the price is always better. Love the cake that Carson got for his birthday, and the green inside was so cute, so boyish! Good luck to one and all on the first day of school for this year.

Kathy said...

What fun! I have never had a pedicure. My feet are in such bad shape. And I'm ticklish! I would be laughing the entire time. But love how you took the girls. You are a grand grandmother!

Then a birthday party on top of it with a green cake. Wow.

School seems to be starting so early this year. In Philly the public schools are starting in August which has never happened before. It seems like Summer has just begun and it's already back to school.

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to Carson!
Looks like you've been having a lot of fun. I love the girls and their pedicures, and I bet they were the highlight of the students day.

Theresa said...

Greta did a great job on the cake and Carson looks very happy with it. I have never had a pedicure. Can you believe that? I may be the only person ever that can say that:). I am very ticklish, hehe. Anyway, enjoy your day dear Doris. HUGS.