Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Activities, Dinners, Mini Golf, Birthday.....Whew!

Our weekends are rarely quiet or very restful. A lot is always going on. This one was especially so.

Saturday, August 25 -

Early that morning Gina took a bus from her home in Lebanon to Park City Mall near us. She was spending the weekend with us. How nice to save me a trip to get her! Ellen and I picked her up on our way to UDS Cheering and Flag Football.

Halftime Show =)



Our girl just loves this activity!

From there we got a bite to eat and shopped at Whole Foods.
It's a new store in a new shopping complex which opened this past spring.
My first time to shop at Whole Foods!

From there Gina and I got some Starbuck's. 
Yum!

I had food to prep for the next day for the gathering 
of Fahnestock's at Nancy's house.
Gina helped me cut veggies for that.

Then I got a call from my sister, Mary Ellen who was in the area
with our precious step mother, Mary.
Would we mind if they stopped in for a little bit.
Mind?? Of course not!!

We heard about their day of visiting some Witmer Aunts and Uncles
and some of Mary's friends. 
It was a delightful visit.
Gina was so happy to see her too.

Mary Ellen snapped this picture as they were leaving.
I LOVE this sweet lady!!

Our day wasn't finished yet....
We went mini golfing at a course just down the road from our home!
It was my first time there but the rest of them have been there several times. 
We had such a good time and the weather was perfect.


The cute family in front of us =)
(our son and his family)


I was on this team.

Ellen didn't keep score but she should have. 
She had so many two's.
We all did get a hole in one!
Not too bad.







Our scorekeeper.

It's not a hard course, which is just my style!

Right next door is Scoops, a favorite ice cream scoops place!
They also serve sandwiches and we've gone for that several times too.

This day we enjoyed a treat of ice cream or Italian Ice.

This kid!!!!


Sunday, August 26 -

Lots to pack up before getting to church early.
It was my Sunday to help on the worship team.

Church was amazing and I hated to have to leave early but the day was packed and we,
Ellen, Gina and I,
needed to be getting on with our next thing.....
Movie and dinner with Ellen's friends and their Mom's
to celebrate Ellen's 24th birthday!
(birthday was the next day)

Dale and the rest of our family went to Nancy's for the family picnic.

We saw Christopher Robin. 
Oh my, it was SO good!!

Waiting for the movie to start.

The theater wasn't full at all.
I was a little worried that maybe the movie wasn't that good.
I had nothing to worry about!

If you love Pooh and friends, go see it. 
I thought the message was so good
and 
Pooh and all the animals were so totally adorable.
I could hardly stand it!! 

Watching the credits and the fun music at the end.
Love when even the after stuff is so good you don't want to leave!

Dinner at Issac's!

It wasn't full and we had the restaurant mostly to ourselves!


After enjoying our meal, 
gifts for our birthday girl!






She got lots of Reese's PB Cups!
And some nice gift cards too. 

Anyone want some cake??




They said it was good!
Thanks, Costco!
(none for me....it wasn't GF and that's ok)

I've said it so many times....
I love these ladies (missed you, Maureen!)
and their precious girls!




Thanking God for bringing us together.
It was our girls who 'happened' to be involved in the same activities 
that brought us together.

Forever grateful.


We went for the remainder of the Fanestock gathering 
then home for some rest.


Monday, August 27...... Ellen's Birthday!

I got the two Grands to the bus stop on time, a good start to the day!



Later we headed to the outlets to get Ellen some new sneakers
at Sketcher's store.

And we saw the big sinkhole in the parking lot.....
which is bigger now because they are digging
to find a cause.

I was surprised how busy the stores were for a Monday.

Dinner was takeout pizza and ice cream cake....
our birthday girl's request!

A few gifts too, of course, from mom and dad.





She wore that crown ALL day.....
even while shopping!

Cake!



Not enough candles.....we used what we had.

(I'm too often a day late and a dollar short with stuff, ugh)

Cute cake, though! She picked it out at Dairy Queen. 

And just like that

My baby is 24.......









5 comments:

Jean said...

Wow! You packed a whole lot into those days! Ellen has a good life and so much love. So happy for her.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Once again, you amaze me with all the things you do for your family. So glad Ellen had a good birthday and you can tell from the look on her face. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Theresa said...

SO much fun in this post! Ellen's cakeS look delicious! Tell Ellen happy birthday from me:) Enjoy your day dear Doris, kick back on the porch for a while:) HUGS!

Mari said...

You must be related to Jean! The two of you are always going!
I love Grandma Mary too and I've never met her. I feel like I know her through you and Jean.
Happy Birthday to Ellen! She had some great celebrations. The cake looks like one I've gotten before from Costco and if it is, I know it'sgood.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Ellen and looks like she had a lot of fun activities and greatbtime with friends and family.