Saturday, April 7, 2018

Pictures and Lost Things Found

A few pictures I took this week.....


This was Monday morning. A Winter Wonderland once again! Thankfully most of it melted in the afternoon. 


These beauties were laying on the ground (buds) so I took pity on them and brought them indoors. My touch of spring! 



We had heavy rain on Tuesday. I spent that cold and rainy afternoon with Gina. 



Socks, boots, sweaters, winter coat....can't put them away yet. But my toes are longing for the freedom of flip flops!! 



All we need are some sunny days and 50+ degrees for some color to explode in this neighborhood! 



A little bit of color....somehow these will bloom even in 40 degree days and 20 degree nights. 



Last Saturday I went to the greenhouse because I really desired some color....even if I had to purchase it!! (Yes, we had some sunshine....Wednesday) 



Thursday evening when I took out some trash, I saw this beautiful sunset. Snapped a pic with my phone. Love a pretty sky!! 

Tonight Corey, Christy and the kids decided to go to Chick-fil-a for dinner. We decided to go too. Of course we all piled into our van...it resembles a clown car when we all get in and out!! But we always have a good time. 

On the way home Zoe asked where her book was that she got there. We looked all around us (third seat passengers) and found it at her feet, picked it up and she started looking at it....fast forward to being home and in the garage and the 'clown car' unloading :)) Zoe couldn't find her book ANYWHERE. It was crazy...none of the adults could find it either!! We were going to give up....how could a book just disappear?? Pop Pop and Corey went out to look again....They found it under the second seat, drivers side. Zoe was in the third seat in the middle....that book had wings, I guess! 

So while the guys were looking for the book, Christy said maybe they will find my keys....which I had lost 5 weeks ago. I had looked thoroughly in the van several times. Went through 3 bags of trash too. And looked many places in the house. 

They brought in the book but no keys.....but Corey decided to go back and look for my keys. 


I was shocked!! He found them under Noah's carseat, he still sits backwards, and they were at the back of the van seat. I had reached under his seat but from the back. If I had bothered to take out the carseat I would have found them long ago. But it really is a pain to do that......Although I really should have. I'm just thrilled to pieces they are now found! 

On Wednesday evening on my way to church for our Women's group gathering, I realized that I wouldn't be able to get into the church because my church key was with the lost keys. I knew someone else that has one wasn't attending this night. Wasn't sure if another lady with a key was coming or if my daughter, Greta, was coming. She would have a key. What a thought to have women show up to church and not be able to get in! I made a call and put out a text and we ended up with a lady with a KEY! All was well. Two new ladies attended.....was I ever glad the key issue was resolved and I didn't need to send them back home! 

Our weather is to continue in the 40's until Tuesday.....50's for a couple of days then 70 on Friday! I. Cannot. Wait!! I see a pedicure coming to my toes this week. Yippee!!! 

Bring on Spring! 


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The jonquils on your windowsill are so pretty! That is crazy about Zoe's book "having wings!" lol So glad your keys were found, too. Hope it won't be long now til you are wearing flip flops and enjoying your porch. xo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So glad the book and keys were both found, and am hoping the snow has gone away for good and you get some warmer, spring like weather very soon.

From the Kitchen said...

Like you, we are waiting for color to pop around here too. This has been a long, cold winter followed-so far-by a cold snowy spring!!

Best,
Bonnie

Theresa said...

Jonquils will surely make it feel like Spring:) SO happy that you found your keys and the book, I HATE to lose anything! Even when I "say" that I am not going to look anymore... I am still looking:) Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

LOL, Doris. It is amazing how things "disappear" when you have a car full of kids...and some seem to vanish into thin air never to be found again! Love that you found your keys...I hate to lose keys!
I hope spring finds all of us soon. We had 10° here this morning....a record breaker for April 8th. xo Diana

Karen said...

Snow covered jonquils here yesterday morning also! Come on, eighty degrees!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's not spring anytime soon here in Nashua, NH either, Doris, as we had several hours of furious snow flurries on Friday afternoon, but no accumulation. Now it's windy and cold out which makes our staying indoors with colds not so bad. Glad the books and the keys were all recovered. Great when that happens all at once!

Mari said...

I'm glad you found those lost things! Now if you could only find Spring!

Kathy said...

Hurray for the found keys! And the book. I don't know where things get to. I found one of my lost cameras -- the old one. I am so happy to have it back. Now to find the new camera and my Bible Study lessons. I so wish Spring would come and stay. Love your flowers. No color in my world yet. Soon I hope.

Susie said...

Doris, You are having crazy weather also. It snowed once again this morning here and melted as soon as it stopped. Thank goodness it was just a covering, no depth. Glad you found the book and keys too. I have gone thru trash looking for things before. LOL. Wishing you a warm up and us too. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Jean said...

Yea, Corey!! You are so right! Car seats are really a pain to install, so taking them out has to be for a very good reason!

Yes, Friday sounds like heaven. Cannot wait either!!

Zaa said...

IT’S BEEN A LONG WINTER ... AND WE’RE ALL SO THANKFUL FOR THE SMALL GIFTS OF JOY LIKE THE DAFFODILS...HOW LOVELY THAT YOU BROUGHT THEM IN FROM THE COLD. Aren’t you lucky to find your key ... I do that all the time too... Spring will soon be here... so in the meantime stay cosy and give yourself lots of TLC...Hugs

CHERI said...

Doris, thank you SO much for stopping by cheri's chatter for a chat:) Yes, I love our porch. Sometimes though I do long for a screened in porch like yours. Our deck gets so hot in the summer we can't even enjoy it. I know you (and others in snowy areas) are tired of the snow but it always looks so very pretty to me. We only get a teensy bit of snow every 10 blue moons here!!! And when we do, we south GA folks go absolutely nuts:) So glad you found your keys and the book. I recently lost the charger to my ipad and it's bugging the heck out of me to find it!! Please come back and "chat" with me again sometimes....and I will be back to visit you as well.