Monday, March 12, 2018

My Days and a Birthday 

It's quiet here....sorta. My hubby is installing flooring directly above where I'm sitting! He's almost finish with the first room....the whole second floor in this house (minus the bathrooms) is getting vinyl plank floors. It's looking really nice. 

My days are pretty much the same....


Noah has been taking his nap in our lower level living room. It's quieter down there!

 I take a cup of coffee and relax on the recliner. Noah watches one episode of Spirit on Netflix while he relaxes on the loveseat. Then the TV is off, I turn soft jazz music on Pandora....he is out like a light! 

Sometimes I stay and read awhile but today I got busy making dinner. It's lasagna tonight....rarely make that! Hope it's good. 

Yesterday afternoon Ellen and I went to see the movie, Peter Rabbit, with these people....

Three of Ellen's friends and their moms. 



Oh we had a blast! 

The movie was absolutely great too! 



I'm liking the new looking fireplace!  Hopefully hubby will get the rest of the room painted soon. 

Yesterday was this girl's birthday.....


My daughter, Marcy. This girl, always brings great joy! (As does the rest of my bunch...five daughters, one son, their partners, their kids....truly a bunch and I love it!)


Marcy on the right with her youngest daughter. 

Daughter, Kim, on the left holding her sister's, Greta, baby. 

This is Marcy's husband......


Hahaha! He always brings great fun to our family gatherings! He also has a birthday this month. 

And these sweeties are Marcy and Scott's beautiful daughters....


Precious girls! 

Marcy and Scott went out to eat all by themselves last evening. So rare when you have young children, isn't it?

That's it for today. 

Wishing you a pleasant evening. 

Lasagna smells good....let's eat! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your fireplace! Can't wait to see all the work. Noah looks so comfy on the loveseat. Hope your lasagna was good - that is something I have never made. Happy Birthday to your daughter and I love the newest photo of her girls. They are growing fast! xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Great pictures. Love the fireplace and know the rest of the remodeling will be so nice. Lasagna sounds so good...havent had it in a while. Pretty little girls.

Karen said...

A beautiful family and home. How nice to have new flooring installed. Enjoy your week.

Mari said...

I love the fireplace!
My girls like to watch Spirit on Netflix too.
I can see that you girls were all comfortable at the movies. Love those seats!
Your SIL looks like he is a load of fun.

Angela said...

I've heard good things about Peter Rabbit. I think I'm going to take my three-year-old niece to see it. She loves going to the movie theater.
Your grandchildren are beautiful!

Theresa said...

Love the fireplace! I know that you will enjoy the new changes to your home. Happy Birthday Marcy, we have a Marcy too:) Her Birthday was in February! Enjoy your day dear Doris, I know you will! HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That fireplace is looking great, Doris, and the rest of the room is sure to be wonderful when Dale's work is done. March seems to be the birthday month in your family!