Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Last Snow, I hope.

I'm not a fan of snow. When it snows in March we know it won't last long. A very good thing.

Yesterday it was predicted that we were in for a big storm. Like 7 or more inches of the white stuff! As you can see, it's mostly a fizzle. We, here on our hill, have snow. I was surprised to learn after I posted pictures on Facebook that most in this area had little to none!

It wasn't laying on the roads.

Because it was to be a big storm many things, including stores and offices, were announcing plans to close already last evening. Most schools waited till this morning to cancel. Oh well, lots of folks are enjoying a day off to watch the fizzled storm ☺


The trees were pretty!


Later it became foggy.
Then started snowing hard.


A little color in our black and white world.



The snow is mostly finished now.
Lots of snow is falling off the trees.


Porch time will have to wait!


Meanwhile......

Still painting! 
Trim getting a spruce-up before the walls get the new color.

Carpet is getting ripped up from one of the bedrooms today too. 
It's a busy day here!

This winter I have been rereading the Mitford series books by Jan Karon. I've had to purchase most of the books on Kindle since I had borrowed them (hardback books) many years ago. I love reading books over and over again and this is a series I know I will read again. Nice to now have all of them.

 Imagine my surprise when I discovered this book on my shelf.


I don't remember purchasing it or reading it!
I hadn't purchased this one on Kindle either, whew!
So now I'll read it on hardback ☺
Something I rarely do these days!


Typical March snow.....just looked outside and I'm amazed to see that all the snow has already fallen off the trees. This one will be gone in a hurry. That's fine, I'm ready for warmer weather and color!!





9 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Pretty snow pictures, but like you, I am ready for it to be over for good and let spring come. I love reading on my Kindle, or letting my Kindle read to me! lol

Doris said...

I used to have a Kindle. Now I use the Kindle app on my phone or tablet. My books go along with me everywhere I go! Love it.

Mari said...

It looked just like that here, but with a little more snow. We were just supposed to get a few inches, but got 5-7 inches in our area and surrounding spots. :) Very pretty, but I'm ready to move on!
I loved the Mitford series.

Karen said...

The falling snow did make a beautiful scene. Glad your were able to get the photos.

Theresa said...

I saw on the news that you were getting snow. It is pretty but like you I am ready for some warmth😊 Enjoy your evening dear Doris. Hugs

From the Kitchen said...

I love the Mitford series. In fact, I took a trip to "Mitford" which is actually Blowing Rock, NC. It is all there. Lord's Chapel, the Rectory, the little yellow house, etc.. In fact, it was when Jan Karon still lived there. We didn't see her but found her house with her old rusty brown Toyota outside. I did book talks on that series for libraries, book groups, etc.. Jan now lives in Charlottesville, VA and I saw her there a few year's ago. I was at Panera having a coffee on their patio when I saw her. A few tables over, sat Sissy Spacek. I gawked but didn't ask for their autograph!!

Best,
Bonnie

Jean said...

What craziness! Frank was on duty at 3 am to plow snow that didn't come! This evening he posted asking what he needs to do to become a meteorologist, because he knows it can't require a college degree, hahahaha!!

Good for you, reading all those books! When do you read? I just can't figure that part out right now.

Doris said...

Bonnie, I didn't know any of this actually existed! Now I want to go to the mountains of NC too. So cool! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Glad the snow did not stay around long. I like those books, also. I visit the library about every other week. Can't wait to see the finished paint job!!!