Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Another Birthday 

March is birthday month in our family. Today was another one, mine! 64. Wow! Totally blows me away. 

This was my day ~


Woke up to snow!! That would never be my pick for my day. Thankfully is disappeared quickly. Sunshine was good but 37 and windy made it feel very cold. (I'm so ready for warm!)

The afternoon was spent with my daughter, Gina. It's been several weeks since we had time together. 


We had lunch at Subway. I like their chopped salads....can't eat the bread in a sub, sadly. 

Next stop was Starbuck's!!!!! I got my FREE birthday drink. Tried a caramel macchiato for the first time. Oh my word, it was so good! 

When I get a free drink from my favorite coffee place I order BIG and add EXTRAS in it to make it EXPENSIVE but FREE to me :)) 

We also stopped at several thrift stores and did some grocery shopping. I love spending time with my girl! 

For dinner it was decided we would go out to eat. It's rare for us to have an evening that everyone's schedule is completely free. But tonight no one had anything! I chose Outback. 

We all piled into our van....always a fun experience!


He's not so sure this is a fun experience! 




At the restaurant.....


Zoe was sucking juice out of a lemon!!! 



Corey and Ellen. 

The sun was causing funny shadows....


Looks like Dale is wearing a funny hat :))

We had a good time, ate really good food and left feeling really full! 

I had a steak, half of it will be lunch tomorrow....wedge salad, my favorite!!....sweet potato, thankfully it was small but I forgot to ask for the butter and brown sugar to be on the side.....veggies, broccoli, carrots and squash...yum!! 

After getting home I went downstairs to watch The Voice (my favorite show). 

Zoe said she had a surprise for me....


She made me a card! She's a sweet girl! 

Then Noah and Zoe brought me another surprise....


A cupcake with a candle, unlit which was smart thinking. They sang Happy Birthday too!


Melt my heart! The cupcake was delicious! 

So now I am feeling thoroughly blessed. Still feeling very full from dinner and feeling very sleepy. If today is any indication for what's ahead, 64 is going to be a very good year. 

***Thank you to all my FB friends who sent me Birthday greetings today. Feeling overwhelmingly blessed. 

What a day! 



7 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds like a really wonderful day in spite of the snow and cold. So now I can keep track of the ages of us "middle girls" again, each two years apart - me 66, you 64, Barb 62, Betty 60.

Kathy said...

A BIG Happy Birthday to you Doris! What a fun and wonderful day you had (except for the snow). I am enjoying my 64th year and hope you do too.

Theresa said...

Happy 64th Birthday, I will join you (in May). It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! I love those family dinners and homemade cards from the Grandkids are SO SPECIAL! Enjoy your day dear Doris, BIG HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures of your fun celebration. A perfect birthday for my sweet friend. xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I am late, but sounds like you have a special birthday celebration. Those little ones get to us, dont they? lol....

Mari said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! You certainly don't look 64. Looks like you had a wonderful day.
PS - I watched The Voice too. There are some really good voices this year.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy Birthday and Thanks for sharing your birthday celebration, Doris. Looks like a wonderful day with family and special treats too.