Tuesday, March 20, 2018

First Day of Spring and more

Here's what's happening........

Today, March 20 - 

Snow, again.


No porch sitting today.



Maybe it will soon warm up enough to allow some blooms??


It's still snowing and to continue tomorrow also.
I'm so over it!!


Saturday, March 17 -

Fun, fun day with two friends shopping at King of Prussia Mall. 

But first, a stop at the Gap Diner for breakfast. That was yummy!



Marge, me, Reba
We love our Starbucks!


The mall is huge!
(found this pic on the internet)

We certainly didn't see all of it.
But we did do a lot of walking!

And a little shopping too =)

More stores on the outskirts of the mall.....

Leaving the mall to find Nordstrom Rack...
snow piles! 
They had more in that area than we did last week.



Some of the mall as we drove by.



Using Siri to get around =)

We found the store after awhile.
Enjoyed shopping
then 
we were hungry!!

Back out into the crazy to find Cheesecake Factory at the mall.

Found it!
But it was an hour wait 
at 4p....
and we were hungry!
Sad but we decided to go elsewhere.

Back into the crazy again!

Bahama Breeze it was.

We were told it was a 20 min wait but we were called a short time later to be seated.
The food was delicious! 
I had grilled salmon, smashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Back on the road again to head for home....
that is,
after a few wrong turns that caused some fits of laughter =)

Totally fun day with two lovely ladies.
Lets do it again....
and maybe more of the moms can join us next time!


Friday, March 16 - 

Ellen had a St. Patty's Day dance to attend that evening.

Ellen with her friend, Nicole

She had so much fun!

Club 625  Tree of Friends.....

Each kid (young adult) put a hand print on the tree.
Can you guess which one is hers??


If you picked the yellow and orange one,
you are correct!

What other colors would she possibly pick?
She lives in a yellow and orange world =)


Sunday, March 18 - 

Aww, aren't they adorable?
Cousin friends ♥
(and my granddaughters)

Brinley's family gave Zoe this dress for her recent birthday.
Brinley got one too
and 
they both wore them to church on Sunday!

That's it for today. It's still snowing. Apparently we are accumulating more up on our hill than many other places.... once again. And it lasts longer around here too. 

Have a great first day of spring. If you are fortunate enough to have sun, warmth, and color in your world, save some of it for me ;-)



9 comments:

Jean said...

Such a fun post! Shopping at King of Prussia reminds me of doing that as sisters many years ago, complete with Betty's flat tire.

We do not have sun, warmth, or color, but at least we don't have snow - yet anyway.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! on the snow. I knew Ellen's handprint right away! Glad she had a good time. That is a fun photo of you with your friends. That looks like a great area to shop/dine. Zoe and Brinley are precious in their dresses. Are you watching The Voice and are you loving Fixer Upper??

Doris said...

Jeanie, I don't remember that we went there....I thought it was Exton mall. I could be wrong :)

Kathy said...

I wish I had known you were at the Mall. I would have met you there. My brother lives just a few blocks away and my mom used to live just a mile from there. I have been going to the Mall since I was a little girl when it was much smaller and called the Plaza. Glad you had a good time with your friends. So much going on with you the last few days. Are you loving the snow? No, me either. At least we didn't get too much. Happy Spring!

Doris said...

Kathy, I was thinking about you but wasn't really sure how close it was too you. I'd love to go again and then I will meet you there!!
It's still snowing.....sigh.

Mari said...

Enough snow! It's supposed to start here too.
Looks like you had a great time!
I did pick out Ellen's hand. Love it - she's creative!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Enjoyed catching up with you, and see what a good time you had with your day out with friends. I looked for Ellen's yellow hand, as others did! The little girls in their dresses are such cuties. Now for the snow...........snow, snow, go away, come again some other day or month!

Mary Ellen Witmer said...

So interesting, as always. Thanks for sharing. I never went to this Mall or Exton, you all did that after I moved away from home.

Theresa said...

I will trade you a day of pollen for a day of snow, deal? You can sit on my porch, you just can't breath:) What a fun day with the girls shopping, thanks for taking me along! I love Cheesecake Factory but the wait is always too long for us to wait! Ellen's hand print is SWEET and in her favorite colors! I love those girls in their matching dresses! Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!