Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Really Fun Family Times - part 2

Back to Wednesday, September 27.



After getting off the trolley we went back inside Chocolate World to buy some candy to take home. I purchased two variety bags for trick or treat night. Then it was back to Nancy's house again for a late lunch (early dinner?).....we ate then relaxed. Later that evening we visited the gavesite where their parents are buried.







After that it was to Fox Meadows Creamery for ice cream.



 Oh. My. Word!! First, this is a very popular eatery. There was a parade going on in a nearby town so we thought maybe it wouldn't be very full. Wrong! While there weren't any lines out the door (!) there was a long line. And people just kept coming the whole time we were there! Dale and I got milkshakes. I chose peach. Three BIG scoops of peach ice cream went into that milkshake. It was so thick and very good!! I was very full. Gotta take our kids there sometime.

 Thursday morning Dale, Ellen and I went out for breakfast with Nancy, Marlin and Carol. (Stanley had gone up to northern PA to his job, Paul and Fern were catching up on work at home)  Ellen loves to go out for breakfast which we hardly ever do. We filled our bellies at Lititz Family Cupboard......been ages since we had been there. After breakfast Dale took Marlin to a hardware store to get something he needed and Nancy took Ellen and I home. But first we had to stop at an Amish farm to look at the fall items for sale. I did more than look =) Brought 2 big mum plants for the pots on the front porch, another one for a spot out front and two small white pumpkins for the mantle. I didn't get any big pumpkins for the porch yet. They had so many different kinds and I just couldn't choose!

Friday evening we ate dinner at Nancy's home again. We ate and talked until rather late for us old folks ☺ Our week together came to an end. What a great time we had. Hope we can do it again!

Gotta keep moving, lots to get done today. I have a haircut scheduled for this afternoon.....always look forward to that! Our weather has been cooler.....40's in the morning and low 70's in the afternoon. Nice!

God Bless your day!


4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

What a fun week. A week together, how special!!!

Mari said...

You had such a nice week! I love the last photo.

Jean said...

You really did have a lot of time together! Every time you were going to Nancy's to eat I was thinking, "Who had time to do food prep?"

Doris said...

Tuesday and Wednesday were basically the same things....sandwiches and leftovers. Nancy cooked Monday and Friday. Plus she bought some GF baked goods for me at the Brethren Relief Auction on Saturday. (The rest of them could eat all the other goodies) What a treat to have GF angel food cake!