Friday, October 6, 2017

Me and the Littles

We live with three of our grandchildren and we love it. Sometimes the parents need to travel which puts the grandparents in charge. When that happens we do our best to keep routine and add a fair amount of spoiling too! Of course we do =)

While the parents are away....


The baby eats Cocoa Puffs for breakfast! 



The baby and Nana enjoy eating lunch on the porch. 



Napping?? No, he wasn't tired, so he said! 



While Ellen was at her workout, the Littles and Nana went for an ice cream treat. It was yummy!! 

Don't worry, Ellen got some too! 



He was signing something he wanted but I didn't know what it was. Sent a text to the parents and found out he was saying 'horse'. He wanted to watch a horse movie he likes! 

He is talking more and more but still signs a lot too. 

Last evening we watched a movie before bedtime.....on a school night. Yes we did! And they had cookies too. (And we had Two Cousins pizza and potato chips for dinner....that was a hit!)


I actually found time to change out a very old wreath that was falling apart. That was fun! 



On Tuesday Zoe had a field trip to Lancaster city. Mommy and Noah met her at Central Market for lunch. They purchased these flowers for me! Aren't they so beautiful? I love them...the flowers and the ones who chose them too! 

The parents get home later today. Guess we will have to see what spoiling can happen in what time we have left ;-)

Happy Friday to you! (I'm kinda exausted...;-))

8 comments:

Karen said...

The question is: Is Nana ready for her nap!! I am glad the kids love being with you and the parents can get some couple time!

Doris said...

Karen, totally ready!

NanaDiana said...

Hi Doris,
I just found you through my friend, Kathy. I am your newest follower. I think we have quite a bit in common with the grands and all. I will put you on my sidebar so I don't miss your posts. Looking forward to getting to know you better. Hugs- Diana

Mari said...

That's what we grandparents do! The wreath looks great!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

It is fun, but also exhausting to take care of little ones. Spoiling is what we are supposed to do, right? lol Enjoy your Saturday.

Anonymous said...

They are so cute! Love the photos and the food sounds delish! Your flowers are so cheerful. Get some rest now. lol

Theresa said...

That's a lot of fun for a Nana:) I am SO happy that you are enjoying your time with the littles and I know they love having you with them! Enjoy your Sunday dear Doris, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have had a busy week with the grands, Doris, and also a lot of fun. There’s nothing wrong with pizza and a movie on a weeknight, right? The re-do on the wreath turned out great...always nice to recycle and reuse.