Monday, October 2, 2017

Really Fun Family Times - part 1

Wow, where do I start? I had such a full week last week....a very fun week. Then there is Saturday to tell you about. And it's now October and all that comes with this wonderful month.....yes, I'm working hard to embrace this season ☺

Last week is what our subject will be for today.

It was in our plans to clear our week so Dale and I could spend as much time as possible with his siblings. His brother, Marlin, and wife, Carol, from Maine were spending the week here in PA. Sunday (Sept. 24) was a family gathering at the farm. We had lunch and dinner there. It was a hot day but sitting under a big tree and a breeze helped. The kids love seeing the animals too. AND, we had borrowed a soft serve ice cream machine from our son-in-laws family. A very big hit on a hot day, for sure!

Monday we, the siblings and spouses, gathered at Nancy's home for dinner.



Tuesday morning we went to Turkey Hill Experience in Columbia. We took Ellen and Noah with us. It was the first time for all the adults to visit this fun and informative museum.

That's  a large cow!!
or Moo-Moo, as Noah calls it =)
Turkey Hill is a local company that makes ice cream and iced tea.
Several years ago they renovated an old dilapidated factory building
which now is their museum. 

Pop Pop oversees the young one milking a cow.
He seems to be doing a good job!

Kinda cool, isn't it?

One of my favorite flavors....
and look who's in it!!

Aunt Nancy assists Ellen in 
choosing all kinds of things
 to come up with a unique ice cream flavor.

Noah's favorite things.....

Fun, fun!!

Do you remember getting milk  delivered to your door?


Delivery man, Noah, is ready to bring you your milk bottles =)


And at the very end you are treated
to....
all the ice cream you want!!
I'm not kidding.
Noah wanted chocolate. 
I chose strawberry.
He decided he wanted my strawberry.
So I went back and chose vanilla.
He decided he wanted that too.
SO, he ate most of mine and gave me a dirty look
every time I put my spoon into one of them!!
Pop Pop ate the chocolate because I don't care for that flavor.

We stopped at Scoops for lunch but we had to take our order home because it was time for Ellen to go to work. It was her first day of Yellow Cab to take her and bring her home. Yes, she now has transportation to and from work! What a gift to me. They came earlier than we expected but the driver was so kind and waited till she was ready. 

Later that evening we ate a light supper at Nancy's again then went to a Manheim Central HS soccer game to see Tori, granddaughter to Paul and Fern. It's been years since we were at a HS soccer game!

They won and Tori scored!

Wednesday we headed to Hershey to Chocolate World and the Trolley ride.

The trolley.
It was another very hot day....
waiting for the trolley.

This was our guide.
He did a fantastic job with telling us about the
 history of the town, Milton Hershey, the school, the candy factory.
He told jokes, passed out lots of candy during the tour
and gave a Hershey bar at the end. 
Worth the cost, for sure.
We all loved it!
I didn't take many pictures.

From the top of the hill overlooking Hershey Park.

There is more to tell but I have way too much to do today to be sitting here at the computer. More tomorrow....or whenever I find the time.
 Take care, enjoy your day!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Those look like fun places to visit!! I love Turkey Hill ice cream. All you can eat?? Alright!

Mari said...

What a fun trip! I love all the pics from the museum.

Anonymous said...

Wow! So much fun. I love these pics. John loves butter pecan ice cream, too.

Theresa said...

What a fun time! I love museums, ice cream and TEA:) Enjoy your day and I look forward to hearing more! HUGS!

Jean said...

All these great places I have never been to!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This post reminded me of our visits to these places a few years ago. At that time, the Turkey Hill musueum had just opened so glad to see its still doing well. We also enjoyed the ice cream samples at the end! And Hershey is always a fun pkace to visit.