Saturday, August 26, 2017

What a GREAT Day!

Our Saturday started off as our Saturday's do these days.....UDS cheering and flag football. We knew that WGAL Channel 8 was going to be there to film a segment about us. Cool.


The game was underway, then.....
An announcement, and some special guests.....


Wait, WHAT???

Four Philadelphia Eagle cheerleaders walk in!!
Yes, they came and cheered with our girls!


Too cool! 

Ellen is standing beside one of our guests, 
chatting, cheering 
and being blown away!
And then....


She is being interviewed on camera!

Hopefully it will make it on the segment
 on the 6p news Monday or Tuesday!


Pictures with our guests.

Ellen said it was a dream come true for her to meet Pro football cheerleaders!


These girls had a very good day ♥



Saying goodbye. 


So that was a very good and amazing morning,
but our day was not over by any means.

Tomorrow is Ellen's 23rd birthday.
She has been talking about going to Strasburg Railroad 
with her friends for 2 years.

I did some research and discovered they serve lunch in the dining car.
I thought they only offered special dinners.
So, I made reservations for 12 and off we went 
after our morning at cheering!
(unfortunately Elizabeth and her mom couldn't come)



She was so excited!!
She was practically dancing!


Waiting for the train ☺

It came.
We boarded, found 3 tables....
right inside the door.

















We are on the move!

The car was full and it took a long time to be served. We were wondering if we would have enough time to eat before returning to the station. 


So everyone was served but the last two tables, the table which included Ellen and the table at which I was seated. The table with Bri and Marissa, Reba and Marge had their food.

The server said they no longer had the 3 salads that were ordered. 
Oh no.....so we ordered something else. I got chili instead.
 AND she told us we could ride again for free because it took so long to serve! 
Well, that made our girl very happy!!


She said the cheese steak was very good!
Look at the large whopee pie that came with the meal!

I brought a candle and asked the server if I could light it.
She said, go ahead. So I did!
She then made an announcement to the whole car that it was Ellen's birthday
and they sang to her!!


The candle went out before the song was done,
I lit it again and she blew it out before I could get a picture ☺

We ate and enjoyed the food and the ride.
And what seemed like way too short for a fun time, it was all over.
Except we could go again!

Bri and Marissa and their moms decided not to go on the second ride,
the rest of us went again.

Many of the riders stopped to talk to our birthday girl as they were leaving....
so sweet!

This time Ellen opened the gifts she was given....

From Marissa


From Bri


From Emily


From Sarenah


From Nicole


What an incredible day! 

7 comments:

Jean said...

HOW can a birthday get any better than that??? Just fantastic - all of it!!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What a fun day for sure! Looks like Ellen had a very happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

Wow! A big day for Ellen and you. Can't get much better.

On another note, I don't know why not all of your pictures come up to view when I read your blog. It happens for me too on Jeanie's blog. Another camera/photo issue with my computer?

Theresa said...

What a fun day for sure:) You will have to video if Ellen makes the news! How exciting for all of these girls to get to be with the Pro Cheerleaders! Lots of smiles in this post, thanks for sharing! Have a blessed day dear Doris, HUGS!

Kathy said...

A wonderful day! Happy birthday to Ellen. That was so cool about the cheerleaders and hopefully she will get on the news.

I have been on the lunch train in Strasburg twice. Once with my sister for her birthday and once with my Joe just because. It's a lot of fun. But on the trip with Joe I was shoving my food into my mouth because they served us so late there wasn't time to eat it before the ride was over. It's still fun. I felt as if I had traveled back in time and could imagine the late 1800s actually traveling that way. So nice that they gave you a second ride.

Mari said...

What a fun time! I love train rides and now you get another one!
Hope Ellen made the news. Happy Birthday Ellen!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Wow, Ellen really had a memorable birthday, first the professional cheerleaders showing up and then a birthday train ride, not once but twice. She had a very good day!