Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Down by the River

Wow, another post for the third day in a row!!

Last evening after dinner Dale, Ellen and I decided to go to the river, the Susquehanna at Columbia Crossings. Been on my list to do for quite awhile. Oh my, how lovely!! Why did we not do this ages ago?? It's only about a 15 minute drive to get there! 

After a stinking hot and humid day, what a pleasure to enjoy an evening breeze by the water. Totally pleasant. 

As a little girl, this bridge was how we got to our York County cousins. Fun memories! 

A very sad memory too. In my late teens my good friend's brother and nephew were killed on that bridge by a drunken driver. Such an incredibly sad time!!

Ellen enjoying the view. I never know if she will enjoy something I think is nice, but this one was a 'thumbs up' for her!



We sat at that table and just relaxed. 


The bridge you see in the distance is Rt 30....it's how we now go to York. 



Ducks! Ellen loved seeing them. 


Was neat to see the lights come on!


We will be back! 

This is Birthday month for us....Grandsons, Andrew (10th) and Carson (21st), daughter Ellen (27th), Granddaughter, Paityn (28th)! Two wedding anniversaries too.... our son, Corey, and his wife, Christy, on the 19th, and for daughter, Kim, and her husband, Manny, on the 26th! 

Ellen has a special lunch planned with her friends and their moms on Saturday after cheering. Of course I'll take pictures! And of course I'll be happy to share!! 

Today I will do some shopping for Ellen so she has something to open on her birthday. I had gotten her a Vera Bradley purse on sale but gave it to her early because the one she was using was so worn. I'll have fun! I love to shop, especially for others. I should pick up something for Paityn, too. But, not sure what she wants. I cannot believe that she will be 10! 

Have a great day! 

4 comments:

Mari said...

What a beautiful bridge! It looks like a perfect evening.
Lots of birthdays and celebrations for you this month!

Jean said...

What a LOVELY place to spend a summer evening! I want to go there too! So is this park/picnic area fairly new?

Theresa said...

Beautiful pictures and new memories made! SO many birthdays ahead and I know you all will plan lots of celebrations:) Enjoy your day of shopping dear Doris, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

The bridge is especially pretty when the lights came on. So happy you guys enjoyed the visit. All the best to those with special occasions coming up. Look forward to photos of Ellen and friends on her special day.