The two Grands who live in this house...
Brother is being silly...
I wasn't prepared for what happened next...no pictures. Sister gave a playful punch to the stomach of silly brother! We all got a laugh out of that!
This beautiful Grand is heading to school too. Happy second grade, Paityn!
Our youngest daughter, Ellen, is not going to school this year. She's rather excited about that! This is the first year, in 35 years, that I'm not experiencing a first day of school with one on my own. Crazy!! That's what happens when you have six kids in 19 years. Of course our special girl, Ellen, spent many more years in school than the rest of our bunch.
As promised.....a recipe.
Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
Don't eat cream of chicken soup from a can! Make it yourself, it's easier than you think.
- 1½ cups chicken broth (homemade or store bought)
- ½ teaspoon Poultry Magic (or any poultry seasoning)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste (depends on how salty your broth is)
- ¼ teaspoon parsley (* I usually skip this)
- dash of paprika
- 1½ cups milk
- ¾ cup flour
- Stir together chicken broth and seasonings with ½ cup of milk. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, stir the remainder of the milk and flour together in a separate bowl.
- Add a bit of the hot seasoned broth to the flour/milk mixture and stir it in to warm it up (since your milk is likely cold!).
- Slowly drizzle the flour/milk mixture into the hot broth, stirring as you pour.
- Whisk briskly until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Pour into an air tight container if you won't be using it immediately.
I found this on Pinterest. Love it and use it all the time. I use whatever gluten free flour I have.
Wishing you a pleasant Wednesday!