Monday, January 6, 2014

Pictures

While I'm at the desk and Zoe is entertaining herself with PBS shows, I'll post some pictures. (Corey fixed the hiccup) Yes, and while I'm still all cozy in my bathrobe...this crazy weather makes it difficult to feel like getting dressed!

On Thursday before it started to snow, 
I could see the mountain range turning white.


A beautiful world on Friday!
I waited till the wind died down before venturing out to snap pictures.

Snow blew up onto the porch!


Such a bitterly cold and windy day!
The kids didn't have school.
We stayed in and tried to stay warm.


This gift from Greta and Lynn
helped the house feel a bit cozier ♥


Some pictures from New Years Eve 
 at Marcy and Scott's house........


Miss Brinley got into Nonny's purse,
AGAIN!
At least she knows where lipstick should go =)


We had so much food!


Zoe styles Pop Pop's hair ☺


The day before Christmas, Mary Ellen came to give Aidan and Zoe a small gift.

Zoe unwrapped some ornaments with the names
of some of the family.


Aidan unwrapped a slinky.



Mary Ellen helps Zoe hang the candy canes.
They also had a blast playing with the slinky on the stairs!


After Christmas, I promised Ellen a trip to 
Build a Bear at the mall.
She had her eye on a white cat for some time.



She LOVES her cat!



No pictures to share of this...Saturday morning we met Beatrice and Grenville (Pat and Dorothy) at the Brickhouse, in town, for coffee. They are the authors of the Frog and PenguiNN blog listed on my sidebar, and were in town to visit their daughter and son-in-law. It's always a treat to spend time with them! Already looking forward to the next time, my friends.


The room is almost ready for occupancy =)

 Wow!
Look at that floor =) 
That's a picture of a lot of hard work!!
I'm also excited for all the added outlets in this room.
There were only two.


Looking out the window where there wasn't any.
Nice!


Nothing new on the horizon as far as our moving is concerned. There aren't any houses out there right now that we would be interested in. We'll wait to see what comes on the market in the next several months. It does really feel wonderful to be able to seriously consider something now that Corey and Christy's house will be rented. We want to make a few more upgrades to our home and then list....most likely after we find a home to move to. Our house is too full to even consider showings right now! Of course, if there is anyone out there that would like to express interest now, we would be ok with that...just saying =)

Time to get moving with my day. I have been busy as I've been working on this post. Laundry put away, laundry in the washer, more Christmas things moved to the attic steps (will take them up before it gets bitterly cold again!), and I now look better that the sleepy bed-head that started this!

Blessings to you today! Stay warm!


6 comments:

Jean said...

I just can't get over that room!

I hope you can stay warm in these bitter temps we're getting tonight and tomorrow.

Theresa said...

The snow is SO pretty! It is bitter cold down here today and colder tonight! I LOVE seeing Ellen with her cute KITTY:) I love Build-a-Bear! That room is AWESOME!!! I know it was a ton of hard work! Enjoy your day dear friend! I just got back from the Grocery store and stocked up TO STAY in and WARM:) HUGS!

Mary Ellen said...

The room is beautiful, Looks so much lighter with the 2nd window. The floor is too nice to walk on!!

Anonymous said...

Brinley is so cute and has the longest eye lashes. Cute to see Aidan and Zoe enjoying their presents/ornaments.
Your room is very pretty. Love those floors!
Spring should be a good time for more houses on the market. I pray you find the perfect place to call home.

Mollye said...

Your snow pics are amazing. And I can't wait to see what you do with that great room with the beeee u tiful flooring! Stay warm sister.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad that you are able to post photos again, Doris. Thanks for the mention of our visit. We feel the same way that it is always a wonderful bonus of our visit with PA family members to be able to see you, Dale and Ellen. Glad we could make it happen again this trip. A nice way to start this new year.