Ahhh, the -
- Patriotic Concert, provided by the 257th Army Band. It was really, really good this year!
- The 'Sandwich' - I've been making the same sandwich since 1998. It's called 'Sandwich for a crowd'. I got the recipe from Taste of Home Magazine.
- Family and friends. Other than my kids and grand-kids, I never know who may join us. I always prepare a ton of food to be sure there is enough!
- The cannons - yes, real cannons. We don't just have regular percussion for the 1812 Overture, we have booming cannons.....and we LOVE it!
- The fireworks show - if you sit in the open field in the park, the fireworks show is right on top of you.....and we LOVE it! The fireworks are loud and oh so crazy!
Smokey skies from the cannon booms.
The Lancaster Newspaper reported 17 cannons were there!
Green grass was still showing when I took this shot.
A sea of people was what it became!
Yes, it was HOT!!
A breeze helped.
And when the sun sinks behind that hill,
We used the umbrella to shade the food and drinks
from the sun.
The concert started at 7:30...
casual conversations still going on too.
Paityn and Aidan and Scott.
Marcy and Brinley decided to stay home in the air conditioning.
Ellen has not joined us since she was small.
She hates the booming cannons so much.
So, she stays with Grandma Fahnestock and Aunt Nancy.
Aidan's fever was gone on Sunday morning.
He was able to enjoy the church picnic and
Long's Park just like he wanted to!!
The summer days are ticking away. Gotta be intentional about accomplishing the fun stuff...or it will be gone and all we have to show for it is work!! Don't get me wrong, I haven't a thing against work. But a summer without some fun is just plain wrong !!
We aim to enjoy =)