Thursday, October 27, 2011

Not my favorite week, not by a long shot!

I went to bed on Monday night feeling like a sore throat was coming. Sure enough, I had a very sore throat Tuesday morning and a fever too. Ok, I thought, I give this a day then to the curb I will kick it......yea, right!

Day two, I had to cancel with the elderly couple, as I did the day before. I rested/slept on the sofa all day, again. My fever went up and down according to the level of Tylenol in my system. I went from uncontrollable shaking with chills.... to.... throw off the covers, take off the socks hot!! I could not eat. Fish saltine crackers and applesauce was all I could handle. And tea, and that was not going down all that good.

Day 3 (today) my fever was not as high but still there. Christy found someone to keep the kids. I decided to head to the Dr. Sure enough, I have strep throat. I'm now on an antibiotic which I hope helps me to finally kick it!

I called off my morning hours with the elderly couple for Friday. And Christy will, once again, find someone to keep the kids. I hate not fulfilling my duties!!! Oh how much I hate it! When I was working, I rarely got sick enough to call off. Like maybe 5 times in 15 years. So you see, this does not sit well with me.

Ellen also has a sore throat and fever as does Greta. Do you think a few more trips to the Dr. are in our future? So far Hubs is ok. I won't let him near me....I've been getting kisses on the top of my head!

About the only thing I worked on this week is the newsletter for the Women's group at church. I worked on it on Tuesday morning till I realized that I'm really sick and hit the sofa for the rest of the day! It's not finished and my thoughts for the 'To Encourage You' part are not flowing. I may have to think of something different for that section. And today I washed some dishes, rested, washed more dishes, rested.

Doc said it would be 48 hours till I'm not contagious. Shoot, I'm hoping to feel an improvement by tomorrow morning =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Doris. Hope you will begin to feel better soon and I pray Ellen and Greta will too.

Jean said...

I am so sorry!! It feels so horrible to be helpless against something like this. I too feel like my immune system is worse since I'm not crazy busy with school. What is up??

Theresa said...

Oh my friend, I pray that you feel better SOON! I also pray that the rest of your family doesn't have the same thing! BIG HUGS and prayers for quick healing!