Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chocolate Pudding Pizza

In a previous post I mentioned a favorite dessert in our family - Pudding Pizza. I have been making it for years. Christy is especially fond of it. In fact when Corey and Christy were dating and broke up for a time, I deliberately did not make it till they got back together again!

I will post the recipe as it is published in Taste of Home.

Chocolate Pudding Pizza
12 Servings
    Prep: 35 min. + chilling
    20 15 3Ingredients
    • 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix
    • 1 carton (12 ounces) softened PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (softened or cubed)
    • 1-3/4 cups cold milk
    • 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
    • 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
    • 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

    Directions

    • Prepare cookie mix dough according to package directions. Press into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until set; cool.
    • In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Spread over crust. In another bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with chips. Chill for 1-2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
    This is how I do it:
    • I buy a roll of already prepared cookie mix - 1 chocolate chip and 1 peanut butter (I always make 2!)
    • I never beat the cream cheese. I let the brick of cream cheese soften a bit then spread it on the cooled cookie crust. (or you can buy a tub of cream cheese that is already soft and easily spreadable)
    • Because I always make 2 pans, I use 1 chocolate and 1 vanilla pudding mix. Put them together in a bowl and double the amount of milk that's listed.
    • I like the mini choc. chips....I don't measure them, I just use a generous amount!
    It's such a simple dessert and I really don't know why it's a favorite around here. (I can take it or leave it)  But it is. I'm thankful there are some simple things that please the Fahnestock bunch!

    Have a great day!

    3 comments:

    Theresa said...

    Yummy, thanks for this recipe! I bet the grandchildren would love this and could help make it:) Have a blessed day dear Doris! HUGS!

    Anonymous said...

    I remember my sister telling me about having this at a party one time. I am glad you shared the recipe. Hope you had a nice day! Mrs. M. Lane

    Susan said...

    Sounds yummy! I need to try this for my crew :) Thanks for sharing it!