Monday, December 6, 2010

Busy days, COLD days (and nights)

Oh. My. Word! It is so cold outside. And windy too which makes it worse. But let's start with my day.....

I wrapped gifts today starting at 9 AM. It started off with a bang and never let up all day.  I took a lunch break sometime before 2 but didn't have much of a chance to sit. I needed to go to the bank during my break and had to wait to be helped. I bought a cup of coffee and a muffin, went to the break room at Boscov's to sit all of 10 min.!! Oh well, the day went fast and I love hearing the stories people share. I also heard, again and again, the appreciation for the gift wrapping service,  the appreciation of the selection and cost of the merchandise available and the appreciation of Mr. Boscov (Al is his name, I think) who came out of retirement to take this store chain out of certain bankruptcy to being a profitable business again.

Tonight we treated ourselves to dinner at Lititz Family Cupboard. I was so tired from my busy day. Just didn't have it in me to make a meal. Hubby needed to pick up his work van from the shop which serviced it today while he was serving jury duty at the Lancaster Courthouse. He doesn't have to go back tomorrow.....that works out for him and his boss. They are really busy and not having Dale on the job throws things for a loop. So, on the way to pick up the van we had our dinner prepared and served to us. Nice! We don't eat out often so it's always a treat. I had a chicken pot-pie, the PA Dutch kind. It was so good. Warmed me up inside!

Now,  I'm home again, wrapped up in a warm fuzzy blanket while the wind blows outside. There is no lack of things to do....but for now, I'm staying right here. My eyes are getting heavy.......I feel a snooze coming......

Have a great evening!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh Dear Doris, you are one busy lady wrapping all of those presents! It is cold all over the place EVEN down here in the South! In the 20s for days... CRAZY WEATHER! Hope you doze off and get some rest wrapped up in your warm fuzzy blanket:) HUGS!

Jean said...

It's absolutely bitter and windy up here. There were snow flurries coming down all day, but they were fluffy ones that just blew away. I made your Black Bean Turkey Chili for supper with cornbread. Good eating on a cold, windy day.

Joyce said...

I love your blog. I am new to it... we are close to the same age... I graduated in 74. I love that there are people out there like you that love to wrap gifts and I am sure you are quite good! I hate wrapping. When I first started reading today I was thinking you were wrapping all day for yourself! Who buys that many gifts? lol! Have a great day Doris!