- 1 Tbl. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic- minced (I always use fresh)
- 1 cup onion
- 1 Tbl. sugar or 2 Tbl. Light Agave Nectar (I always use Agave Nectar)
- 2 Tbl. Chili powder (the darker the chili powder the spicier it is)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup Swanson low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup organic salsa of your choice (I don't have organic - I use Weis brand Medium Salsa)
- 1 can black bean (Bush's is best- and organic if you can) Rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn (sweet it ok) - rinsed (I usually only have frozen. Just guesstimate the amount!)
InstructionsHeat oil in cooking pot. Add onions, turkey, and all dry spices. Stir occasionally until Turkey is cooked. Add everything else.
Preparation Time: Approx 20 mins after meat is cooked.
I found this recipe on the Eat-Clean Diet website. http://www.eatcleandiet.com/