Friday, October 15, 2010

Chicken Corn Noodle Soup - the recipe

OK, Debbi (and anyone else interested), here it is!

Chicken Corn Noodle Soup

2 c. chicken, cooked and diced
2 c. chicken broth
2 c. water
1 onion, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 c. corn (fresh or frozen)
salt and pepper to taste
parsley to taste (I never use)
2 c. uncooked thin spaghetti broken into 2 inch pieces (I use regular or whole wheat)

Combine all ingredients except spaghetti pieces. (I add the chicken later too)
 Heat to boiling. Add more or less liquid for desired thickness of soup. (My family prefers it to be on the 'thicker' side)
Add spaghetti after liquid is boiling (I use frozen corn so I like to wait to add the spaghetti after cooking about 20 min. Maybe that's not necessary, but that's how I do it!)
Simmer for about 15. min. till spaghetti pieces are tender. (simmering longer is fine too. I usually have it simmering while waiting for the fam to get home, making the house smell really really good!)

I got this awesome recipe from a church cookbook. We were in a Home Group with the family that submitted it. I have never tried another recipe for this soup in 20 years! If anyone tries it, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

THANKS DORIS! I can't wait to cook this delicious soup! When it is cold, soup is on my meal planner at least once a week. I only like soup in the cooler weather and it is getting to be soup weather down here!

Have a blessed day and I am gonna put a link back to your recipe in my blog tomorrow!

Hugs!

Tracy said...

Hi Doris. My Mom (Theresa at Theycallmeganky) sent me here from her post this weekend. This soup looks delicious! Thanks so much for the recipe. I am cold today and wondering if I have the ingredients! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Doris, I found you via Theresa and I can't wait to try this. Hope you have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Doris, Thanks for your visit to my blog tonight and your very kind comments. I made your soup earlier today and we had it for supper. We both LOVED it and now I will think of you each time we enjoy it. So nice to meet a new friend through blogging. Hope you have a wonderful evening.

Doris said...

Mildred, I am soooo happy you enjoyed the soup! My family will be pleased as well!