Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Hello!

 Wait, what??? It was September when I last posted!! Oh my.

Well, I'm still alive and still kicking, just not as high ☺️ I had a sweet resident at the nursing home where I worked say that. She always would laugh as she said it. Nice memory!

I'm not going to take a lot of time to catch you up tonight but wow, is there ever a lot of life that's happened since SEPTEMBER! 

Might be a bit more time to blog just now. Ellen tested positive for the C and since I have been around her the most, I will also keep distance from the rest of the family to be on the safe side. So far I'm not positive. Ellen isn't feeling very sick other than a cold, thankfully. 

I feel like I should include a picture or two (or three)....


Ellen on Christmas morning.
New flooring, new paint in these rooms...
that happened in November.
Now new flooring is going in, almost fished,
 in our lower level bedrooms and living room. 
No more carpet and that's the way we like it!


Pretty snow yesterday.



I snapped this one this morning.

The snow might stick around for awhile...it's really cold!

See you soon! 



6 comments:

Kathy said...

I didn't even notice that you haven't written lately because I keep up with you on facebook. You seem like me -- life happens and things like blogging fall by the wayside. I'm sorry to hear about Ellen. Glad you are OK. Praying for your family that you all stay healthy. Lancaster got hit with the snow a lot worse than here in Philly. Hmm... Rethinking moving out there.

NanaDiana said...

Nice to see you, Doris. I have not been as faithful about blogging as I once was. Life takes it toll and our lives change. Love the pictures. I hope you have a wonderful rest of January. xo Diana

Mari said...

Hi! It's good to see you again. The new flooring and paint looks nice.
Hope Ellen is over it soon and you stay healthy!

Jean said...

I struggle to keep up with blogging and am tempted sometimes to quit. But whenever I want to look something up from the past 18 years, it's so much easier to find it on my blog than on FB. So I keep on doing it.

Love your pictures. Having new paint and flooring would be a dream come true for me, but I don't see it in my future at this point.

Theresa said...

Life takes over sometimes and blogging slips to the back of the line:) Same for me. I love seeing the snow pictures and the one of Ellen on Christmas morning is precious. I pray Ellen kicks the sickness and you DO NOT get it. Love you my friend, BIG HUGS!

Cindy said...

Those snow pictures are beautiful! Sorry to hear Ellen tested positive for C. My husband and I made it all the way to spring of 2023 before catching it. Glad Ellen only has mild symptoms.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I read your profile and I love your music and your musicals... I think we'd be good friends. :)