Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Tuesday Update

 Thought I should check in. There just isn’t much going on around here worth writing about. It’s hot again, stifling hot today! We just had a crazy thunderstorm go through….I jumped several times from the loud cracks of thunder. Can now see the sun through the trees. But it will soon be setting….which happens so early now! 

I’m carrying around an extra phone these days….


It’s not actually a phone. My Dr ordered another heart monitor, she said for 2 weeks but the person who put it on me said 4. I’m hoping 2! My heart skips beats and every time it’s looked into it’s never been anything to be concerned about. I still don’t think it’s concerning but I’m trying to get off the med that’s supposed to be controlling it because my heart rate goes way too low. I tried half a dose and it still was too low but maybe not quite as bad. Then tried stopping it (all changes Dr directed, I don’t try stuff on my own!!) and my heart rate was all over the place! It would shoot way up over nothing. My BP was higher at times too and I generally felt like crap. After a few days like that I had enough and contacted her again. Now I’m taking half of a half. Heart rate still too low over night and morning till I get moving. I certainly hope something can help get it straightened out again.  
I’m supposed to have that phone looking thing with me at all times….today I wasn’t so good about it, oops. Tomorrow I have to change the patch the monitor is connected to and charge the monitor. It’s been only since Friday and I confess I’m over it….but could be worse by a long shot! 

So other than that 😁 



I’m enjoying the tomatoes!!
I’ve eaten too many BLTs. 
But they are soooo good! 


Our pitiful little rose bush 
is giving us some tiny blooms. 

I think we just aren’t rose people….
Sadly. 
And we just don’t have many sunny areas
here in the woods. 

Wishing you a good night! 



5 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I hope your doctor can provide you with answers soon. Oh, your tomatoes look so tasty. The rose is a lovely color. I like to see you enjoying your porch.❤️

Theresa said...

Oh I sure hope you get that heart thing figured out. Gotta keep you feeling good! Our roses haven't done too good this year, but that hibiscus is making up for it. Enjoy your day dear friend, I agree with Mildred! I love to see you enjoying your porch time! HUGS!

Mari said...

We have the same issue with roses. :(
It's been so hot here too. Last night we had a huge storm with big branches down and lots of power outages - including us. It just came back, and now another storm is coming through.
I have heart palpitations and have had to wear the monitor for a few weeks too. Thankfully the med works for me. Praying you get some answers!

Jean said...

Sorry I didn't see this yesterday. Wow, I hate that your heart is acting like this. I will pray that a reason and a solution can be found!!

I'm jealous of those tomatoes! I think I'm going to try growing some next year.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sometimes, treatments can be so confusing as to what works and what doesn't and hopefully the monitor will provide some insights to your doctor. The rose is a lovely color but they are problmatic to grow for many and that's why we never grew any in our flower garden. No rain here in Nashua, NH, this week just HOT temps in the mid 90s.