Sunday, November 22, 2020

Cold Weather Changes Things

Changes.

From this a week ago...





To this by Thursday!

We had a cold night/morning which did 

the canna lilies in. 


It’s looking more and more like winter is coming.


Hydrangeas looking withered. 


These at the front of the house not hit as hard. 
(I think that’s a ball among them!) 


Goodbye pretty pink flowers. 
(I spy a football 😊)


Done blooming...
amazed how they kept on being pretty
until one cold morning. 

Saturday was a nicer day. 

Ellen wanted to go for a walk,
these two did also. 

The little guy fell while running...
he’s not badly hurt, 
but his hands got scuffed up a little. 


They love playing outdoors on a nice day! 

After I took this picture 
they turned around and saw me 
and waved. 
The little guy ran to give me a hug...
Melt my heart sweetness ❤️❤️


********************


We watched our church service online this morning. 
For now I guess that’s how we will do church.  
Keeping our household safe is our goal
which is of upmost importance. 

This too shall pass. 
I firmly believe that!! 


*****************************


Can you believe we are so near the end of November?? 
Even though I’m not at all busy,
time is moving by so fast. 

I’m good with that 😊 

Take care, stay safe! 



6 comments:

Mari said...

It's always sad to see all the beauty we enjoyed fade away as the cold comes. But then, a new type replaces it!
I love the pic of the kids and the melt your heart moment - those kids do melt our hearts!

Susie said...

Doris, Look at the toys you are finding with the flowers dying back. Oh little boys break my heart. I sure do miss all my little ones. It's good for the children to get out in the fresh air. Blessings to all of you,. xoxo, Susie

Jean said...

Yes, I came home to more flowers that got bitten by frost. And a few inside that got bitten by lack of watering. Grrrr!

I'm so glad you have a good place to walk. I so enjoyed walking with the family out in Portland. I think I would walk more here if I had someone to walk with.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Everything here is gone except the colored leaves which are still beautiful.

NanaDiana said...

Time is moving us all along. I hope it moves us towards a safe vaccination from Covid soon.
I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving, Doris. xo Diana

Theresa said...

Yes the flowers are not blooming anymore but will bloom again. As we near the end of the year, I pray that next year will be more normal. I have been watching my Church Service on-line and like you will do what is necessary to keep my family safe. Enjoy this day before Thanksgiving dear friend, HUGS!