Friday, October 30, 2020

Actually Some Stuff Happened!

There's actually stuff happening around here this week!!

Whoop Whoop!


Friday (last week)

The grands I live with have been talking about having a sleepover.

Yes, a sleepover in the same house as they live in...

but downstairs in our living room!

Friday was the night for this sleepover...

it was a spur of the moment decision 

but that's ok.

Daddy blew up a bed for Noah and Zoe slept n the couch.
Aidan passed on this adventure. ☺

Zoe made popcorn and
we watched Mary Poppins.

The little guy soon fell asleep.
Precious!


This girl stayed awake for the entire movie!

It was fun and Noah wanted to do it again
on Saturday night.

But we go to church early
which would mean lots of walking through the living room 
from our bedroom to the bathroom
which would disturb them.
(they are not attending services at their church yet)
But we will surely do it again!

Tuesday
I got a text from my daughter, Greta,
wondering if we would be home later that morning.
We certainly would be!
She and the boys were going to stop by....
Yeah!!!!

Carson wanted to show me his new glasses!
They look so good on him!

I just love watching the grandchildren play!

They ran all over,
played hide and seek,
played on the swings,
and watched trees being cut down next door!


A big truck was parked right in front of our house.
And chainsaws were going all the while we visited...
but that couldn't steal my joy!

This blesses me tremendously ♥♥


Wednesday
I had an early (for me) blood draw.

How nice that a Starbucks is so close to the Dr. office ♥
Love the smiley faces ☺

Still don't have the results...
will see how good/terrible I did during Covid.
Next week I see a nurse practitioner for my physical.
Yippee. Not.


Thursday
Yesterday Ellen wanted to make something different for dinner.

Sooo, we made pizza.

Bought ready made dough in a bag at Wegmans 
and went from there!

We made....
1 cheese
1 pepperoni and bacon
1 small cheese and bacon (Ellen's)
1 small bacon, onion and cheese (Dale's)
1 GF bacon and cheese
(we like bacon!)

It smelled like a pizza restaurant around here well into the night!!

They all seemed to enjoy it very much.
The GF crust wasn't great
and will just use a Costco GF pizza
with add on's next time. 

Today
The kiddos are looking forward to 
Trick or Treat
in our neighborhood tonight.

I put candy in sandwich bags which are on a tray.
I'll put the tray out by the street for the kids to pick up.
It's really cold so not sure I'll stay outside or not.

That's it for today!

***************************

I'm not stressing about the election.
I know my God will never leave or forsake....
no matter who is President of the USA.

And he has proven again and again to be ever faithful
even through disappointments, trials, whatever.

I resolve to love and not talk trash 
even if the one I voted for does not win.

I ask you to do the same for me if my candidate wins!
Nope, not saying who I voted for ;-)
And yes, I have strong opinions but still resolve to not talk trash.

♥♥♥♥



5 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

The sleepover looks fun! I remember my cousins and I doing that at my grandmothers house, I love Carsons new glasses. Ellen’s pizzas look tasty. I pray you will receive good results from your labs, xoxoxo

Mari said...

Carson looks cute and I think the sleepover was a great idea.
I also have strong opinions about the election, but resolve not to talk trash either. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have had a lot going on in the family, Doris. What a fun idea that the grands did, an in house sleepover. Ellen looked like a pizza maker for sure. I am right with you on not talking about the election as I have seen posts on other blogs and mine also is definitely off limits for what you termed trash talk.

Kathy said...

Aww... you are such a good grandmother. The sleepover looks like it was so much fun. And then to have more grandkids visit to top it off. Pizza is not my favorite meal but yours sounds good.
As for the election, it is in God's control. He already knows who won! When people ask me who I am voting for, I say that's why it is called a secret ballot. Most people would be surprised who I'm supporting.

Theresa said...

Fun times at your house! When Alex and Avery come to spend the night, they still like to sleep in the room with us on an air mattress:) Love these memories made! I don't trash talk either and mute is a well-used button on our remote:) We don't listen to the ads and I am totally sick of getting the phone calls and political mail. God is in control and we will all still live together in this great Country no matter what the outcome of the Election. I am just ready for it to be over. Enjoy your Saturday dear friend, hope you get more visits from the family! HUGS!