Monday, September 7, 2020

Happy Labor Day!



 Not much happening around here on this holiday.

It's a beautiful day for which we are most thankful!

Yesterday evening some of our kids came over.

We sat in the front yard around a little fire pit.

The evening was so pleasant, not hot and sticky...

even the mosquitoes seemed to be less irritating ☺


Hasn't been used in years.
Perfect for our evening!


Marcy, Scott, and Cambrie


Greta, Lynn and their two boys,
Carson and Toby


Adults chat and laugh while the kiddos play!
It was SO good to laugh till it hurt...
I love my bunch!!!

Missed 
Gina and Justin....they were at a cookout.
Andrew had something else going on too...
Noah said he really wanted to see him ♥
Manny was working.
Paityn was on her way home from the beach.


Love seeing the grands playing together!!



We ate ice cream treats,
some had coffee too,
the kids played till way past dark,
the adults relaxed.

Just perfect

and my soul was full ♥♥♥


8 comments:

Susie said...

Doris, I know you love that family time. It is good to hear the children laughing and squealing, isn't it? This morning Ted and I had brunch at my daughter's we wore mask till we ate, and did the distance things. It was such a joy. I got to play with Finnlee, my great grandson. For a tiny bit , then he had a nap. He must have been up early. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Laurel Wood said...

It looks like a wonderful afternoon/evening. You are truly blessed. xoxo

Mari said...

Looks like a perfect time with family. Makes my heart happy to see it!

Kathy said...

What a fun day! And I'm so glad you got to spend time with your family. Maybe that firepit kept the mosquitos away. Wish I could find something that worked. I can't go outside without being eaten alive. The pictures of the kids playing is perfect. That's the way it should be. So glad things are letting up a bit and we can get together.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Family is everything!

Theresa said...

Just perfect is a great way to describe this time with family. No better way to spend the day. Have a blessed TUESDAY (almost said Monday) dear friend, HUGS!

Jean said...

How wonderful to have that many of your family together! I loved the pictures.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Doris, at a time when many families are unable to gather safely because of distances, it is always a joy to see the happy times shared by yours. Looks like everyone had a fun time, especially the grandkids!