Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Rainy Tuesday

It's a rainy day.


The flowers are getting watered!



I think I won't be sitting out there today.
The rain is to let up by late afternoon 
so maybe later.


Not a great picture because it's taken through a window.
A dirty window!!

But look at that,
RED!

Yesterday they needed more time but I'll check again after the rain lets up.
Tomato sandwich in my future.
Or a BLT. 
Can't wait!


On Sunday evening a few of our family came over to visit. 
They only stayed about 2 hours (it maybe wasn't even that long)
 because the mosquitoes are so bad here.


Noah was so happy to play with his cousins.


Just LOVE this! ♥


Someday we won't need to visit on the lawn at a distance.
I have to believe that to stay sane.


This still makes me a very happy Mama and Nana!!


Cousins on phones ☺


Blurry picture of Brinley enjoying the zipline!


Cambrie enjoying the slide 


Brothers, Carson and Toby, enjoy it too!
 


The evening was ended with chips and ice cream treats.

We certainly missed the ones who couldn't make it!
Will soon do this again....
hopefully the mosquitoes will be less
but not likely! ugh.

Can't resist a pretty sky!

On Saturday...

Corey made a trip to Starbucks
so I ordered a drink too.
Grande Iced Americano, yum!!


Flowers on a sunny day....

The only place I can plant flowers like these is on our sunny deck.



I love them!!

We plan to enclose this area someday to expand the small screened porch we now have. 
So, when that happens
not sure where I will be able to plant sun loving flowers.


It's August 
and we are thinking about schooling these days.

Apparently Bear is too!!


Praying lots these days.
Working to trust in the One who knows all!

Our messages at church have been so challenging.

Been enjoying this book
written by our pastor
which is the theme of the current message series.

I have it on Kindle ($1.99)
 but can be purchased as a paperback also ($8.99)
through Amazon.

Good day to you!
Be well.


P.S.

2:00

The rain has already ended!
It's still breezy but wow.
Wasn't expecting blue skies today ☺


Checked the tomatoes and decided to wait another day ☺









 
 

8 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I cannot get over how your grandchildren are growing!!! I am so happy you guys had time together. Your tomatoes are looking good! I also like the looks of your coffee drink. Your sun-loving flowers are so cheerful. Enjoy your book on this rainy day. xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I know the kiddos had a good time and so glad you all could be together for the day. The red tomatoes make me hungry and your flowers are so so pretty. That last picture of the blue sky is perfect.

Mari said...

We need rain too - looks like you had a good one! I love your ending photos with the blue sky and the tomatoes.
Looks like a great time with the family.

Phoebes World said...

How lovely you got to see everyone.. and they all seemed to be having a great time.
Please send some of that rain my way... I miss it here in So Cal. The flowers obviously love it ...they are gorgeous
And by the way... Go for the BLT.. Anything with bacon is a winner!!
Phoebe x

Jean said...

Yum!! I can almost taste those tomatoes!

How wonderful that your grandchildren could play together. I don't know when that will ever happen here.

Theresa said...

Visiting outside is better than not getting to see family! I know it did your heart good to get to spend time with them all. Those kids are growing up too fast. Those "maters" are looking SO yummy! Pick one and make that sandwich:) Beautiful flowers! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Susie said...

Doris, Yummy on those tomatoes. I love the flowers and your screened in deck. I long for one of those. Good to have family time...even spaced is better that not seeing loved ones. The kids are enjoying play time. Praying for all the children returning to school. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I agree with Mildred's earlier comment, Doris, in saying that WOW your grandchildren have grown fast, just like our own. Guess that's what happens when bloggers remain in contact over the years and grandchildren grow up, but of course we adult never age! we also enjoyed a rainstorm this week, but no damages. The tomatoes are looking good and Pat would dearly love to share in a tomato sandwich so he bought one at the grocery store this week that was from a local farm. He does like them too!