Thursday, July 9, 2020

This and That

It's a very hot July!
Nothing unusual for sure.

Here's a few things that have been going on around here.

A rose on my little rose bush.
The rose is pretty but the bush looks pathetic, sadly.

Last Friday was a crazy day.
Dinnertime came and what to make?
Energy was not in great supply
soooo
Ellen got a wish she has had
 ever since the Covid thing has been going on.

We haven't gotten takeout very often
and we certainly haven't been going out to eat.



Take out pizza to the rescue!

Dominoes is very close
and they have good GF pizza too.

She is a happy girl!

I got an extra pizza,
lunch two days in a row for her!

Saturday, July 4


I picked up a grocery order
which included the items needed to make a special dessert.

Ellen made the pudding
using canned coconut milk.

Coconut milk has a high enough fat content to use for pudding.
And it is so good!!

We mixed in part of a brick of creamed cheese, maybe a third,
and about half a container of cool whip.

We then layered the pudding with strawberries and blueberries
in small plastic cups.
Some were all strawberries.

The dessert was well received by all ☺

Yum yum!

Ellen really wanted to see fireworks.
Her parents (Dale and I) didn't really need to see them
but we took her anyway!

Didn't know where we would go...

We ended up in my sister's neighborhood!

It was too loud for Ellen so she watched them in the van.


It's hard to get good pictures of fireworks with a cell phone!

We drove to another area to see a few more.
It's amazing how many were putting off big firework shows
right for their backyards this year.
Crazy!!
And quite noisy.

Ellen said she really enjoyed her day.
Was so glad she expressed that.
She has given up so much of what she enjoys
during this time of social distancing.

Glad she is still having good days
especially on a holiday when no one could come over.

*This post was started several days ago.
It's crazy how little I actually sit down with my laptop.

Determined to finish it now!

Sunday was a special day for their mommy...



We made her cupcakes
and were they ever good!!

On Monday we got a grocery delivery from BJ's
which included two rotisserie chickens for dinner.

Imagine when I opened them and saw this!!

What in the world??

(I had put them in the frig till dinner time.)

Thought,
did the delivery guy get hungry??
The delicious smell was just too much to resist??
If so, I gave him too big a tip, way too big!!

Then I had another thought...
I called out to whomever was in hearing distance....

Did someone help themselves to some chicken??

I heard a Yes!

OK, problem solved ☺

It's still very hot here in PA 
and doesn't look like it's leaving anytime soon.
We did have a few times with decent amounts of rain this week
which was very welcomed.

Bear Tales...

Caught Bear taking a Sunday afternoon nap ♥


Now I'm off to blog visit.

Take care, stay cool!



8 comments:

Kathy said...

I think those are excellent pictures of the fireworks. Better than I can get on my camera. So glad Ellen had a good day. I had to chuckle about the chicken. That would happen in my house too. Say hello to Bear for me. I love his adventures. And try to stay cool. It's pretty hard to do around here right now.

Jean said...

Your rotisserie chicken story was funny!!

Wow, I could eat a good piece of pizza! Haven't had that in ages.

Mari said...

Nice fireworks photos!
Glad Ellen enjoyed that pizza.
The dessert looks like something I make, but it has angle food cake on the bottom. So refreshing!

Cindy said...

Beautiful rose!
Lots of people shot off their own fireworks here in Seattle too.
Your desserts look delicious!

Laurel Wood said...

Too funny about the chicken! lol
So happy Ellen enjoyed the pizza and fireworks. The dessert with fruit looks/sounds delicious!
Hope you guys enjoy the weekend. xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Enjoyed catching up with what has been going on there. Glad Ellen was able to get out and see the fireworks. It has been hard not having friends or going to the places we usually go to during this time. Your dessert looks yummy and seems everyone enjoyed it too.

Theresa said...

HAHAHAHA to the missing chicken pieces:) I laughed out loud. When I stop for chicken wings on the way home from Church sometimes a few might get eaten on the way home WINK! I am happy that you all had some pizza, we have had that a few times. Ellen and all of your cuties appear to making lots of fun and smiles for you all. Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We also watched a lot of fireworks on the 4th and didn't have to go farther than the riverbank by the mill apts. The city cancelled all "official" events so folks did their own displays, but not sure where they originated as they came over the tops of the buildings. We haven't done take-out, but been cooking at home and eating out at a local place once a week. Restaurants are open here for inside and outside dining with restrictions and limitations. Funny story about the chicken and glad the culprit was someone in your home.