Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Happenings

Christmas Party

Saturday, December 14
Family and friends!

After the food it's time for gifts!
So fun to see them open a gift from one of their friends.


Then a game for the kids...
a plastic wrapped ball filled with  small gifts!
They had to take off the plastic wrap until the music stopped....
usually a gift was found in that time.


Then the adults had a gift exchange.
We passed our gifts from the left and right 
according to the story Randi read.

Marcy ended up with the gift I brought.
No, it's not a box of coffee =)
It contained some onion pretzels... a family favorite,
peppermint hot chocolate and peppermint sticks.

Marcy sent me two cute pictures of Brinley and Cambrie enjoying 
the hot chocolate and peppermint sticks.

I hit the jackpot with the gift I got...
From Randi,
an insulated dish carrier and a note of a meal
made and brought to us before Christmas!!
Tomorrow is the day.....
Randi, I don't know how you do all you do.
But wow, we appreciate your generous gift!! ♥


Special Treats

Nana's Taxi was called into service on Friday for an appointment.
So a treat for the two not involved in the appointment was in order...
of course!!


Cupcakes at the mall!
He loved the marshmallow snowman!


Zoe enjoyed a GF cupcake that we didn't share this time.


We  bought a snowman cupcake for their brother...he was thrilled!


A ride too!


He loved it!
His sister?  Hmm, not sure =)


A Birthday Party

Sunday, December 15

Toby is 2!

He is excited to be 2!
Greta created another amazing cake!!


His brother, Carson, assisted him with by holding the gift.
Toby celebrated each piece of paper taken off.
So sweet!!
He got lots of books and I'm sure Mommy read them to him today.


The Nutcracker
Monday, December 16
Schreiber Pediatric

This time I saw the whole show!


We watched them warm up before the performance.

The preschool kids came into the room to watch the show...



Zoe did AMAZING as Clara!


Such a beautiful dancer ♥


♥♥♥

The kids were encouraged to meet the dancers!


I've Been Wrapping



Cat Paper
Wonder who those gifts are for ;-)

Some decorating too




Battery candle on a timer is nice!



No real cats here =)
This one I got in the thrift shop at Pleasant View Retirement Community
where I used to work.
I love it!

The house and tree came form a thrift store several years ago.



Avon tree topper from the 70's or 80's!
Notice my Hallmark mug ☺

Oh  how I love Hallmark movies...

Yes, I am the proud owner of all this ☺

I do watch other movies too..

Polar Express
Watched it with Noah, so special!


I love Elf!!


White Christmas

So many good Christmas movies!


I'll close with this picture...

My new shelf filled with treasures!

I'm watching The Voice.
What a great season this one was.
The last 4 remaining should all be there...
can't say I've always felt that way.

They all are so good and I won't mind any one of them winning!

Blessings and Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Beautiful blog header. It looks like everyone had a great time and you are sure keeping busy for the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Kathy said...

Oh how I love this post! Parties, cupcakes, movies and the Nutcracker all to be enjoyed. Do you have time to breathe? I have the same Hallmark mug but two different shirts. I love Hallmark movies too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You have such a lovely family and it looks like you are celebrating Christmas just right - with lots of fun with those you love, and plenty of Hallmark movies! Have a good week!

Laurel Wood said...

I adore your photos/collages of all the fun and excitement. Toby's excitement with his cake is precious. Love the shot of Noah with his snowman cupcake, too. Zoe looks so pretty as Clara. Your shelf turned out so pretty. I love it! I would love to see "Hoot" win the Voice but they are all good. xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love seeing your pictures and all the things your family does and this blog was no exception. Your Christmas is lasting more than one day for sure. Have a good Tuesday.

Theresa said...

WOW, you are busy as a little BEE! So many precious pictures. I especially love the idea of the gift you received... perfect for this time of year when we are all so busy. I am down to just wrapping away the day TOMORROW! I am dedicating the entire day to wrapping the remaining gifts. Have a blessed day dear Doris, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You and your family have certainly had a lot of pre-Christmas fun activities, Doris. Looks like everyone was having great times too!