Friday, May 3, 2019

New York City

Ellen and I love to go to NYC. Last Saturday we, along with two other moms and their daughters, spent the day in that wonderful city. Bob Neff Tours provided the transportation, we just needed to sit back and enjoy the comfortable ride!

Lots of pictures to tell the story.....

We are ready for this day!
Even though it was an early start ☺


The rest of our gang was ready too!
Behind us is:
Reba and Marissa
Marge and Bri


Getting closer......


Ellen loves the tunnel!




And on the other side of that tunnel is Manhattan!

First thing, The Ride.

What a fun ride!

It's a bus with stadium seating with floor to ceiling windows
and windows in the ceiling too. 
There are two hosts...




And you drive all over the city,
see sites
and people (and people see you!)
while the hosts cause lots of laughter.
It was sooo fun!

There was entertainment right on the sidewalks too....

A UPS guy....
'You talking to me?'


Just sit back and watch.....


He put on quite a show!








A beautiful ballet dancer entertained us.
People just walked around her...



Central Park
Someday I would like to go for a walk in that park!


The bus posted fun facts about some of the sites we passed.


Ellen spotted every Mc D's!
I told her we didn't come to NYC to eat there.


I spotted every one of these
and there were lots!
Funny how I didn't feel the same way about it as I did Mc D's ☺

The ride came to an end and we were hungry.
And the weather was cold and windy....
We walked and looked for somewhere to eat that didn't have a line out the door.

We chose a pizza place.
I had a salad.

It was busy
but nice to eat on the upper level 
where the heat rose from the ovens....
we loved the warmth!!

Back to the streets....



They love the M&M store!





We saw things I've only seen on TV or in print....

Maybe we will come back in winter....
ice skating....
to see it, not to actually do it!!









This....

I was in awe!!
St Patrick's Cathedral


Beauty everywhere!












I could have stayed right there for the rest of the day.
What a majestic place of worship.
Yes, there were lots of people there.
No, there wasn't a church service going on.
But reverence and the spirit of holiness was certainly felt.
I want to go there again!

Ellen, on the hand, was not so in awe.
She didn't understand why we were there...
she is not familiar with statues, lighting candles,
and such grandeur in a place of worship.
Frankly, she was a bit freaked out by it. 

I tried my best to help her endure while I absorbed it all ☺
She's a trooper!

After that we went to some stores...

H&M


Having fun!

Yes, I got some good coffee, I did!



Are we tired of NYC yet?
NO!!


Overlooking Times Square 
from Old Navy.
What a fun spot!


I was amused by this very honest request!
Didn't see anyone offering to help the poor guy.


One last selfie before heading back to the bus.


Till next time....




The best day, we will surely do it again!!



12 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Hi Doris, I enjoyed your and Ellen's trip photos so much. I'd love to make that same trip! Nice that the six of you could enjoy the day together. The Cathedral is beautiful. I enjoyed each and every photograph. xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So glad you got to make this trip and from the pictures I know you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing with us. Happy weekend.

Jean said...

What a fantastic day!!! We sisters should do that together! Wouldn’t we have a blast?? Were you along the time we went with the church and we went to St. Patrick’s and they were having a worship service, singing songs from the renewal movement in the 70’s? It was indeed a holy moment and we hated to leave.

Mari said...

What a fun day! It looks beautiful and I enjoyed the sights. St Patricks is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The bus ride looks like a great way to see more of the city. I enjoyed your photos, so nice you could take this trip.
Mary Ellen

NanaDiana said...

Doris, What a wonderful time you had! I have not been to NYC in about 30 years. I went to school there for advertising and worked for NBC. It was a wonderful time of life...but I wouldn't want to live there--just visit. Sounds like you found lots to like!
Have a great Sunday- xo Diana

Theresa said...

What a fun day and it looks like it was a full day! I love the ride and would like to do that some day! Get some rest and do a little porch sitting today dear Doris, hugs

Karen said...

Thank you for the tour! Looks like you have a wonderful time. My son in NJ is planning to move to Brooklyn in the fall. I wonder if I will ever visit NYC! I always thought it would be nice to visit Niagara Falls too.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I too have always enjoyed NYC, Doris, and it was fun to see your day in the city. It's been quite a few years since I have been there as Pat isn't as fond of the city as myself...but maybe one day I will take a return trip.

Susie said...

Oh Doris, I would love a day of fun like that. The bus ride was awesome. Looks like your group truly enjoyed the NYC visit. You and Ellen look so pretty. Blessings to you , xoxo, Susie

Vintage Girl 901 said...

Oh, Doris, how awesome! That on my dream list but the only way I’ll get there is if I win a trip
Or my children take me. Well I’ve enjoyed yours. How much fun!

Susan said...

Thank you for sharing your special moments, Doris! What a fun day for your whole group! Fun times for you & Ellen to share :)