Friday, August 3, 2018

This and That

What a week. This blog break wasn't intentional....life has a way of putting it on the back burner sometimes!

Here's a bit of what's been happening in order as I remember it =)



  • Look at these beauties in our back yard.....
From a few given to us 
from my sister last year and
this is what is growing this summer!

In a few years we just might have the back yard surrounded by canna lilies!!

Of course they need to be dug up before winter.
Tropical, we are not!


  • Our girl Ellen was excited for last Saturday to get here.....


Her favorite activity is back!!
UDS Challenger Cheering and
Flag Football.

It was a smaller group but more will be joining them as vacations end for the summer.





  • On Sunday our son-in-law, Lynn, was installed as an elder at our church. We are excited to have Greta and Lynn as part of the leadership team. 




The kids were eagerly sitting up front waiting for
'Sermon in the Bag'.

It was the fifth Sunday and they know they will be asked
to be involved!



  • On Facebook last week one of my Paparazzi jewelry friends posted some pictures of ideas for storing our stashes purchases. I decided to share the way I do it.


I use a towel rod we no longer needed 
along with some shower curtain hooks we no longer use.

It works for me!


  • It's been raining. A lot. Last week especially. Some areas got more than 10 inches, we had at least 7 inches here. There was flooding in many places and bridges and roadways damaged. 
Yes, road damage and water in basements is inconvenient and terrible.
But the most tragic of all was the life lost of a 19 year old girl
who was swept away by floodwaters.

I didn't know her but many families at our church did,
including our granddaughter Zoe.....
this young lady danced with the same dance academy
that our granddaughter dances with 
along many girls at church. 

What a hard thing for all of them!! 

  • So that brings up the next subject. Music and how it speaks to exactly what you're facing. 
We sang a song at church on Sunday that's been speaking to me all week.

Do It Again 

This part especially.....

I've seen you move
You move the mountains
And I believe I'll see you do it again
You made a way where there was no way
And I believe I'll see you do it again!

And the ending......

You've never failed me yet
I never will forget
You never failed me yet!

I pray and pray this over some hard stuff life brings. 
  • One of our local grocery stores plays a mix of show tunes, oldies and praise and worship music. How cool to walk into the store with a troubled heart and immediately have your soul soothed because a worship song was playing that spoke directly to your need as soon as you entered. That was my experience this week! I hear shoppers humming and singing too. Love it!

  • It's been a crazy week. Aidan and Zoe attended a drama camp and Ellen attended Camp 625, a camp for special needs teens and young adults. I was packing lunches and driving kids and keeping the little one several days too. Ellen only went in the afternoon but I did all of her transportation. She was laid off at her job (hoping it won't be too long till she is called back) so I immediately pursued getting her into this camp. Thankfully it was possible and she is having a great time. 
Early this evening we attended a performance by the kids at drama camp.
Susquehanna Stage Company.
(they have a show going on right now,
the Music Man)



Aidan and Zoe took part in a short skit.
They did amazing!!


Footloose dance.
Loved this!!


Aidan doing his monologue.


Zoe doing hers.

They both had a great time at camp.
Sad to see it end!

We later went to Scoops for dinner and ice cream. 
It poured and stopped then poured again and again 
while there and since we've been home. 

Creeks are on the rise again =(

  • Sunday evening our kids gathered here, all but Gina who worked and couldn't come.

It was a beautiful evening to sit around a fire.....


Talk and laugh and eventually make s'mores.


Also a good evening to sit on the porch......


and run down the hill.....


and to sit on the grass.....


and to swing!


Love my family!!


And now it's late and I must get this tired old girl to bed.....
God Bless us all with a restful night!





7 comments:

Kathy said...

What a good week you had! Glad Ellen was able to get to cheerleading again. I know she loves it. Everything you did looks like fun. Wish I could have joined you on that porch.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I have said it before, and will say it again.....I dont know how you do all you do! Loved seeing your family photos and activities.....thanks for sharing with us.

Theresa said...

We have had that rain here and it is finally gone, thankfully! I love your busy time with the kids, so much fun to be had with all of their activities:) Whatever is troubling you, know that I will be praying! Have a beautiful day, hope you will see some sunshine! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

Karen said...

Looks like a busy and fun week with the family!

Mari said...

I like that song too!
I've heard about all the rain you're getting. So tragic to have a life lost in the flooding.
I have a friend who recently started selling Papparazzi - I could be addicted! I love your idea.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoyed the cat-ch up post, Doris, as I haven't had much time for blog reading while on our cross-country road trip which we are still doing. We're finally in Oregon, the destination state, and will be here until next weekend. You and your family have been busy and yes we have been following news reports about all the rain on the east coast and sort of glad we're missing it all, even in NH. (We will be in Lancaster at Thanksgiving for the entire week and look forward to seeing you again.)

Jean said...

Finally read this!! First off I like your necklace storage idea so much better than mine. Gonna add that to Dick’s honey-do list!

Hopefully all that rain is gone. Of course there will be rain, just hopefully not so much. We’re going camping this weekend and I ordered warm, sunny, non-humid weather. Haha!

Gotta check out that song. I need it too.