Friday, August 10, 2018

Chocolate World

Summer is fast coming to an end for the kids. We are getting in all the fun we can before 8-4, five days a week (school) gets here. 

Today after picking up Gina, we headed to Hershey, PA, otherwise known as Chocolate Town. No, we didn't go to Hershey Park, although a lot of people did. We love Chocolate World which is near the entrance to the park and is free. We like free! 

A lot of people apparently also like free. It was full! 


The line was long to the ride but was moving which was good. 




Looking out over the retail space full of Hershey's stuff.....anything you can possibly want and more!!




We finally go down the stairs to the ride....



We love this place! (We rode it twice...we got free chocolate candy twice!)



Noah's favorite part.... the cows! 



Taking it all in!



Ellen's favorite part!! 


Silly kids!!

We were hungry so to Wendy's we go.....

The line to order wasn't long but it was s.l.o.w.

Our order was a bit messed up but it was remedied and our bellies were filled. 


Watching one of the roller coasters in the park. 

It was maybe the next group of cars that stopped on the way to the top...was partway up and sat there! Was still like that when we left at least 15 minutes later. Can you even imagine?!! I stay off roller coaster for many reasons, yikes. 

We love Hershey! The kids want to do the trolley ride sometime. Dale and I did that last year and really enjoyed it. Next time, kids :)

We aren't finished with the fun yet....stay tuned! 

9 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

A great way to spend the day........I might say it was 'sweet'!

Theresa said...

Keep having fun, the Summer will be gone in a blink! Loved seeing all of those smiling "chocolate loving faces"! Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

Mari said...

What a fun time! I think those cows are pretty cute!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This is also one of our favorite places to visit, who needs Hershey Park anyway...freee is always good and a ride as well!

Kathy said...

How did I miss this post? I have always wanted to go to Hershey, but it is such a long drive from where I am. Maybe someday. This is exactly what I would do. Free is good and so is a cool ride and free chocolate.

Susie said...

Doris, You have to be the nicest gramma ever. I can only imagine what fun to get candy and ride those rides. Yes, those roller coasters are getting scary. Blessings to you and all the cute kids. xoxo, Susie

Jean said...

What a great place to go with kids at such a great price! Wish we were closer to it.

Wow about that roller coaster up there! There is no way I will go on a roller coaster again. The last time I did I was sure my brains were getting thrown back and forth inside my head. Now there is so much more to worry about. I wonder if there are more roller coaster incidents than there used to be or if it's just that we have more access to the news about them?? I used to LOVE roller coasters a long time ago.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What an absolutely fun day - you are certainly a blessed nana! I am a mother of 5 - ages 23-36 but no grands yet!

Karen said...

That looks like such a fun place for the youngsters!