Monday, April 30, 2018

Five Lovely Busy Days

Whew, I've been busy!  Been having some fun too.

Warning....lots and lots of pictures!!

More pretties at the end of this post....
you'll have to make it through to see them!


Thursday after dinner Gina and I took Aidan to his school for the art show. Daddy was meeting us there on his way home from work. Mommy was with his little sister at dance, the littlest one went along with her. Just like many families these days, everyone is on the go!

Aidan did not like his piece and didn't even want to go. We knew it couldn't be that bad. He was being a real stinker when we got there....saying he would met us at the front door on our way out!! Nope, buddy, you were going to be guiding us directly to your piece =)


So he stood right in front of it so we couldn't see it!!


Trying to scowl instead of smile!


He really is a lot of fun....
and we loved his art entry!!

Friday, Greta and her two sweet boys stopped in for a visit. 

Sweet Toby with his beautiful mommy!

Saturday Ellen and I were up way early because we had a bus to catch to New York City!!

Sadly Ellen's friend, Bri, and her mom, Marge, would not be joining us and Ellen's friend, Marrisa, and Reba (Marisa's mom) on this trip. Marge's mother became suddenly ill mid week and was not expected to live very long. Her mother did pass away Saturday evening. We are so sad for them! 

Marge is a tour director for Bob Neff Tours, the tour company taking us on this trip. She knows New York very well and we were counting on her expertise to get us to where we needed to be. (She was not working this time) 

But, we did just fine. Many anxious prayers answered!

It was a foggy morning.


We are on the bus and we are on our way!!

A breakfast stop on the way.....

Well of course!


Lincoln Tunnel into the city.
Ellen thought it was the neatest thing!



Heading towards our drop off point.


This was Ellen's first time to this city...
she was fascinated!!


Walking in Times Square.
She sees PB cups!!

But first, the M&M store.

Ellen and her friend Marissa.


She found a bag that was yellow, her favorite color ☺


Too cute!

Next stop, The Hershey Candy store.

Right to the PB cup display!!
I would have loved to get her that shirt 
but it was just too expensive.


These too....
too much $$ 
Maybe I can find them on line.


She was so hesitant to go to this big city.
But she just loved it!

Here's the real reason we were there....

To see Lion King on Broadway!!

At every street corner someone tried to get us to purchase a ticket
for one of the many sightseeing tours on these buses.
(smiling and saying, not today, was all it took to move on)

Ellen really wanted to ride on the open air top!
Another time  =)

So many choices of places to eat lunch.
We chose Planet Hollywood
after looking at the menu.

Cool place!
We were there soon after they opened so we got seated nearly right away.

Ellen had a cheese pizza.


Reba and I had a spinach salad,
It was delicious!
Marissa had a burger and Fries.

Should have taken pictures of the many displays but....
didn't take the time.

Next stop......

Picking up our tickets for the show!!


We are ready!!!


We had great seats....
mezzanine level but seated center of row D.

No pictures of the show, of course.
Cell phone off.

Lion King was AMAZING!!
There aren't any words to describe it...
you'll just have to go see it for yourself!

All too soon it was over and we moved with the throngs of people
leaving the Minskoff Theatre.

Back to meet the bus to take us home.

Lots of buses!
Lots of people.
Lots of taxi cabs.
Lots of cars.
Lots of tall buildings.
Lots of interesting architecture!
We truly loved it all.











Ellen wants to go again soon.
So do I!!


Sunday, Ellen had her first Challenger Baseball game. It was a chilly cold and windy afternoon.

I have never dressed so warmly and still so cold
at a baseball game. 
It was brutal!!


Team warm ups with Coach T.


Mom, I'm cold!!

It took me all evening to get warm.
Most of our kids gathered at our house that evening.
As usual, we all just say what we can bring to eat
and it's always more than enough ☺

I love my family
(but didn't take one picture!)

Monday, today. Signs that it is finally spring....

Blue skies do I see!


Pansies.....






Bike rides!


Porch swing relaxing.


Saving our world from the bad guys!
Notice the budding leaves....makes me SO happy!


Even the little one.....
he loves his sister's scooter!

It was a lovely day. More are coming this week 
and I intend to enjoy each and every one of them!!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post and photos so much, Doris. Such big smiles on Ellen's face. So happy you guys enjoyed your NY visit! It's great that you are seeing signs of spring. Loved seeing your babies enjoying the mild weather outdoors. Happy May! xoxo

Jean said...

Oh my goodness, that trip to New York!! I really want to do that sometime! Haven't been there since the crazy time Miki and I went by Megabus to meet Bjorn at the JFK airport. I'd love to see a show.

Yes, warm weather is so, so welcome!! I looked ahead at the rest of May and almost wish I hadn't. Looked like a lot of cool and a lot of rain. Hope it was wrong.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What a great trip to the big city! Glad everyone enjoy the Lion King and the sights. I am so ready for this warmer weather too. Your flowers are so bright and pretty. Hope you have a happy May Day!

Theresa said...

I enjoyed this post SO much! I would love to just be a bus ride away from seeing the Lion King:) It sure looks like you guys had a wonderful time, in the big city AND back home in the sunshine around your home! You will catch me on my back porch or out by the pool a few minutes each day, it's that time of year:) Have a blessed day dear Doris, HUGS!

From the Kitchen said...

This made me remember my first trip to NYC! What fun that Ellen found all those PBC fashions.

Best,
Bonnie

Mari said...

Wow! You have been busy! Aidan looks so cute at the art show, with that smirky grin! You are brave on the trip to NYC. I think going by bus was a smart plan.

Susie said...

Doris, Talk about busy !! Although I think the trip to NYC was the best. One of my all time favorite places. You had so many nice pictures. Oh sweet girl, I know that cold to the bone feeling while watching sports. Went to a Lacrosse game and it snowed some and I was ever so thankful for the hand warmers we brought along. Blessings, xoxo, Susie