Friday, February 2, 2018

Winter, Cold, Wind

Those three words may sound fabulous to some. 

Summer, warm, sunny, (beach, waves, sand).....now that's more like it for me!! 

On Tuesday my view looked like this. 


It was pretty. It actually lasted till Thursday when the temps were in the 40's and took it all away. 

Today (Friday) it looks like this


Totally happy to be indoors. It's in the 20's and terribly windy. I went to Costco and thought I'd freeze before I got into the store! Freeze or blown away. It was full.....but figured it would only get worse as the Super Bowl with a PA team, no less, gets closer. This is a big deal around here as you might guess. We aren't too far from Philadelphia so lots of folks are Eagles fans. Including the majority of my family. 

*****************************************************

So now it's Saturday....got interrupted and never got back to it again. Life is that way!


Noah has been really into books this week. I usually read a book at least twice then ask him to please pick another one! 



I got these leggings in the mail this week....all the way from Idaho! Chelsea who is married to my nephew, Michael, sells Agnes and Dora clothes. This is my first purchase. I love them!! I also have one pair of LuLaRoe leggings which I also like. Love them but I love my jeans too much to have a drawer full of leggings....besides, I don't even have a drawer to put them in =) A small walk in closet that I share with my hubby limits us to essentials and no more. I'm thinking that's a good thing! 



My little buddy enjoying his dinner. He makes my heart go pitter-patter. 

I'm happy to see February.....getting ever closer to Spring! Ready for more color in my woods when the time comes. Feb.3 is sunny and in the 30's and it's not windy. That's a good thing too! 

Not much of a post today.....tomorrow is a big day and I'll take some pictures. My SIL, Scott, and my daughter, Marcy, are hosting a Super Bowl party at their home. They are huge Eagles fans so it will be a lively party. Daughter Kim is bringing her buffalo chicken dip.....oh my, that is worth going for!! There will be food, there will be noise, there will certainly be lots of fun! Hopefully there will be a win for them too. Daughter Gina's boyfriend is a big Patriot's fan, oh dear. They won't be at our party but still hate that someone will end up being disappointed because their team didn't get the big prize.

Soon need to take Ellen to a photo shoot with Fitness4Focus, her gym. They asked her (and others) to be part of this and I'm thrilled for her. It's not held at the local gym so we will soon need to head out. Thankful for a nice day for this drive! 

Fitness4Focus is a gym for kids and adults with special needs. It's amazing and Ellen does so good. There is usually only one other person and the trainer in her time slot which is good for her focus. They say she has tremendous form....certainly does not get that ability from her mom!!

God bless your day today. 

May the best team win tomorrow ;-)


6 comments:

Jean said...

The view through your front window is beautiful any time of the year, Doris!

I just love the opportunities Ellen has!

Just imagine summer and Refreshing Mountain. ❤️❤️

Anonymous said...

I dislike the cold/wind too, Doris! Wonderful opportunity for Ellen; I am so happy and proud of her. Your leggings are very pretty. I buy jeggings from Walmart and love the feel of them - my problem is then finding a very long shirt to wear with them. We are anxiously waiting for spring also. Have a great time at the party. xo

Mari said...

I always like the view through your window! Last week our snow was rapidly melting, now it's back with a vengeance!
I like your leggings. I don't have any but I bet they are comfortable.

Karen said...

I love the photo of you and your reading buddy! I was thinking just this morning about my mother and daddy reading to us at bedtime. Precious times together.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I am not a fan of either team, but if I chose, it would be the Eagles. We wont be partying, and may check in for the commercials. I like your leggings....I dont have any, but sometimes wish I did....they are all the rage around here. Mr. Noah is such a cutie and I know a blessing to you. I am also ready for spring and warmer weather....this old winter gets old quick. Hope your Sunday is a good day.

Theresa said...

The snow is SO pretty but I love the sunshine too:) It is a rainy day here in Georgia but will stop around noon. I'll be watching the game this afternoon!
I will look forward to the commercials and J.T. at halftime:) May the best team win and I hope it is a good game! I have read "Curious George" books when the Grands were little SO many times that I didn't even have to look at the pages! I miss those days:( Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!