Monday, January 29, 2018

A Happy Birthday

Again, it's been too long since I have written anything. Life goes on and I am just about keeping up with it! Today I have Noah and Ellen is home too. So far we haven't accomplished one single thing.....Noah really wants to go away. I don't think we will, poor guy. It's lunch time and we will need to do something about that before too long. Ellen and I will eat leftovers we brought home from our lunch yesterday from Silver Springs Family Restaurant.  I ordered an omelet and she had spaghetti. Dale ate everything he ordered!

Saturday evening we celebrated our granddaughter Cambrie's first birthday. She is such a beautiful baby and sweet and getting very busy! She's not walking yet but is she ever a fast crawler. Enjoy these pictures from the party....

First things first....
I had some good helpers to make cupcakes for the party.

Noah scoops the sugar.

And measures it too!
Zoe had already measured the flour,
did the measuring of the coco powder, baking powder and soda.
They are great helpers!
Now to the party.....
Aunt Kimmy and the birthday girl!
(I remembered my camera but the memory card was not in it....
so cell phone had to do)

Great Aunt Mary Ellen 
loving on the birthday girl.
Cambrie's face =)

Friends and family 
Only after I made the collage
did I notice that I cut Randi, Marcy's good friend,
out of the picture!
The kids enjoyed some dancing!
Noise level was whew!!
Just what you'd expect with a bunch of kids =)
Check out the cupcakes we made...
I heard they were good.
Also made a GF peanut butter pie.
That was good too and none came back home with us!
Daddy gets Cambrie into her seat,
Mommy lights the candle.

We sing
Happy Birthday to you!
Cambrie seems startled that the cake was hers...
Mommy, you sure??
She tastes it....
She eats and the kids watch =)
Then we eat cake too!
Time for gifts....
She had help opening them.
But after this cute ice cream cart 
she didn't have much interest in the rest!
Typical for a one year old.
The rest of the pictures got fuzzy because there was constant movement!

This was our gift to Cambrie...
a jean's jacket and skirt
and a book, of course,
 Nana always includes a book the first few years!
Baby Toby ♥
We loved celebrating with you, Cambrie! 
You are growing and learning more everyday.
Love you tremendously!!
********************************************************
So here it is 10:30 at night. 
I stopped to prepare lunch and never got back to the computer again.
But I'm determined to finish this post today!!
I need to share these cute pictures I took last Sunday,
January 21.
We were at our daughter's home to watch the Eagles game.
Of course they won, big cheers from this bunch!
I'm not into football at all
so my focus was on the littlest ones♥
Be still my heart....
these precious babies!!

Hahaha, Noah!!
That's it for today. Goodnight, God Bless!

7 comments:

Jean said...

Fun times! Adorable kids! Noah all dressed up is toooo cute!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I always enjoy looking at pictures of your family, and especially the little ones. The birthday girl looked happy with the cake and presents. The last picture of Noah is too funny! Hope your week is going good so far.

Theresa said...

I wish you could see my smile while I look thru your pictures:) Let's just say, seeing all of these sweet faces really makes me smile:) Love that little one year old, such a cutie-pie! Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

From the Kitchen said...

Goodness, it seems that adorable little girl was just born! What fun it is to have so many little cousins around to celebrate special occasions!!

Best,
Bonnie

Kathy said...

How did you get such cute grandchildren? They are all adorable. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Happy birthday to Cambrie! And you know I had a big grin when I saw that last picture of Noah. What a guy!

Mari said...

Happy Birthday Cambrie! Your helpers are so cute!
I'm glad Mary Ellen could be there too.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the birthday celebration pics and your grandchildren are growing up as fast as our own, Doris. Looks like your baking helpers did a great job on those cupcakes too!