Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Winter, Snow, Pretty

It's easier to say the above words because I don't need to go anywhere. Makes a huge difference!!

It was snowing when I got up.....

Outside the front window.



Outside the back window....



Outside the screened porch door.....




The porch with the 'lacy curtain'.


I couldn't believe there wasn't a start delay for school
but there wasn't.

They got there safely and were sent home again 
3 hours early.

No make-up day needed later.....
but not sure it was a wise decision to go at normal time.


How do you like my new wreath on the front door?


I had $20 bonus bucks from Kohl's to spend by Monday.
Didn't look like there was time to go to the store
so I looked on-line.

There were things I liked but....
I had to spend way too much to get free shipping.
I wanted to spend close to $20.
Of course.

So,
on Sunday afternoon Ellen and I went to Kohl's. 
I found this wreath.

It looks more winter to me than Holiday
which is just what I wanted!

Soooo,
a $79 wreath was mine for around
$3.30!

Totally pleased ☺

Yesterday I  mentioned getting a certain brand of Gluten Free pasta that we enjoy. It doesn't get mushy. Believe me, there is many a GF pasta that does! Some even before I think it's finished cooking. Ugh. Someone asked about it and here it is....



We all really like it!

I'm working at rearranging a few things in our basement living room this afternoon. Time to get back to work!!

God bless your day. More snow is coming, I'll be staying in!



7 comments:

Jean said...

That door wreath is beautiful! And what a bargain! Today I ordered two burgundy daisy garlands to hang over our arches. Every year after we take the poisettia garlands down it looks so bare, so I'm trying to do something about it.

Yes, being able to stay home on a snowy day makes all the difference. I had a dentist appointment today and did not have to think twice about postponing it!

Doris said...

Jeanie, it makes such a difference not having to take Ellen to work. God bless the taxi drivers!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Doris, for naming the pasta. I'll look for it.

Karen said...

I really do like the wreath! The snow is pretty here but I'll be ready for warm temps this weekend!!

Mari said...

I love that wreath! It really does look very wintery.
It's very pretty in your area, glad you don't have to drive in it!

Theresa said...

I love your wreath and that reminds me I have some Kohl's money waiting to be spent:) It snowed here and honey is it ever pretty. I will enjoy it today and be ready for it to be gone tomorrow:) Have a blessed day dear Doris, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

A pretty wreath! We've had snow/slick roads and hardly anyone could get around today. Tomorrow should be warmer. God bless you and your family