Friday, January 12, 2018

What a Week

Another week has gone by since I've written anything. Wow, I need to do better. But what a week....I'll have to tell you about it, hehe!

Saturday, January 6

Ellen and I attended  a program for Bob Neff Tours in the afternoon. They highlighted some tours scheduled for this year (Ellen would love to go on lots of them). We were there to sign up for a one day tour and get a discount too. We will be joining two of her friends and their moms in April on a trip to New York City to see Frozen on Broadway!! So excited! We are also looking at another day trip for Dale, Ellen and I for the fall. Think we have decided but haven't signed up yet. Loving these day excursions with Bob Neff Tours!

Sunday, January 7

Afternoon and evening was spent with Dale's family for the Fahnestock Christmas. Such a good day!

Guess who was the most 'oohed and awed' =)


Dear grandson Toby was the star of the day.
Such a cuddly baby!
His mommy, my daughter Greta, is a good mommy!



Cousin Brinley loves him too!



Nana loves him too!!

There were gifts for the kids from Aunt Nancy....

Carson checks out a gift with mommy. 


Aidan opens a gift while Noah has fun with his gift, 
a donkey!


Zoe loves her new jacket!




Paityn looks thrilled!


Meanwhile, Cambrie just keeps moving along ☺



Brinley shows off her gifts!

We have sat in a circle just like shown here,
 in this basement 
for many, many years.....
watching kids open gifts.

It used to be our kids,
now it's our Grands.
Time flies!!

After gifts
the kids play,
some take a nap,
some play games,
some go to the farm to do chores,
some chat and get caught up,
and we all keep right on snacking on all the food
 that Nancy faithfully prepares.
We never go home hungry!!









Noah found candy....
there is always candy at Aunt Nancy's house!





I never made it upstairs.
There were lively games going on.
We could hear them!

Carson loves the room with toy tractors and equipment.
He said he was busy harvesting corn!!

The living room was filled with adults and a few little ones.

It was such a good day!
It all ended with more food.....supper.



This little guy had such a fun day....
his ended with a snooze!


Monday, January 8

I'm not even sure what I did that day. I know I woke with a sore throat and was so cold all day! (no one else was cold, just me) Christy didn't go to work because bad weather was coming and the kids were getting out of school early. She ordered me to rest, so I did. Instead of childcare and meal prep, I took it easy. What a trade off!

Tuesday, January 9

Again, did I do anything in the morning? I don't remember. Still had a sore throat but I wasn't freezing cold. I do, however, remember the rest of the day.....prep for the procedure the next day. Wanna guess what it was?? If you guessed colonoscopy, you are correct. My three years were up and it was time to do it again. Oh no. I can barely get that drink down, I was up most of the night, I felt like I'd been washed up and put through a wringer. Don't even like to think about it!! (but I did get it all down, I didn't throw it up this time. I survived!)

Wednesday, January 10

First things first.....off to get this thing over with. It went well. I came home to rest. Later I was able to eat a little bit .....wasn't that way last time. I did have 4 polyps removed so guess what....I get to do this all again in 3 years.  Oh no. Three polyps would have gotten me 5. 

Thursday, January 11

Would you believe Ellen had a 8:50 appointment that morning? Thank God I was fine to take her. She was so hungry afterwards and wanted to stop for breakfast. I wasn't sure my stomach was ready for that so we got take-out for her at Mc D's. She was ok with that! Christy and Ellen worked that afternoon. I did laundry and rested when Noah slept. My energy was seriously nowhere to be found. Later I took Zoe to ballet. Bed felt good last night!

Friday, January 12

I decided to dress in bright colors today...
it was a drizzly, rainy, foggy day.
In the low 60's but would have been nice to see the sun!!

One of Ellen's meds has been a challenge to fill this month. Her regular pharmacy didn't have it. (it's a controlled substance but we never had this problem, ever) Last week they kindly called another pharmacy near us but they didn't have it either. On Saturday while we were in the area anyway, we stopped at a CVS on Oregon Pike. They had 20 pills but not 30! could order it but that meant I'd have to come get them. The weather lately, knowing my week was not going to allow much time, and she wasn't out of them yet.....I decided to keep on looking, They said the CVS near us could order them for me. Ok, I'll do that. Well, this morning was the first I could get there. Yes, they could order them, but it would be a week or more till they came. No can do. Sigh. They called two other CVS pharmacy's. The one at Manor shopping center had enough!! I went right away, in the rain and some fog. So that's all I got done this morning! But she's all set for another month =) 

On my way home....

How nice that I had this to enjoy while I waited for the long train to pass ☺



 (BYW, Ellen would love to not take pills. But she's extremely ADHD and medication has improved the quality of her life tremendously. Without them she would be a danger to herself and would not be able to slow down or focus enough to learn and work.)

This afternoon Noah decided not to take a nap so I didn't get much done. Dale came home early and got the boxes and tubs down from the garage attic. Christmas, which is still very evident at this house, will get packed away tomorrow! I'm ready.  After school I took Aidan to play practice and picked up pizza and salad for dinner. Yes, it was that kind of day.

 Where did this day get too.....where did this week go?? Actually it's fine with me to go fast. Go fast right though January, February, and March!!

So there you have it, a glimpse into my week. Not much of a fun one, except for the Saturday and Sunday. I'll work on more fun next week ☺

God Bless your weekend!



6 comments:

Jean said...

I enjoyed reading all about your week. We undecorated the tree this evening. Hopefully I'll get more of Christmas packed away tomorrow.

Theresa said...

Like Jean said, I enjoyed reading all about your week:) That sweet little Toby laying on that elephant is too cute! You are totally blessed being surrounded by SO many loved ones! Can you believe how quickly these days fly by. I don't like colonoscopy time, no fun but a must do to keep us kicking! Have a blessed Saturday. I hope your sore throat is gone, that's how my sinus issue starts. Sending HUGS across the miles!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You did have some week, Doris. The family get together looked like a good time to cap it off. Hopefully, you will be getting some improving weather to lift your spirits more next week. I know you are glad to have this week ended and hopefully you will have a restful weekend.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

It was good to catch up with you and I sure hope your sore throat is completely gone by now. You looked to have lots of fun and food and fellowship with family. I simply do not know how you do all you do. I couldnt do 1/10th. Hope this weekend is a good one, and if you can, stay inside and stay safe and warm.

Kathy said...

What a week you have had! At least you had some fun involved. The sickness and the colonoscopy not so much. I keep putting off having mine done. Well, that is over and now you can have a good and fun time this week.

Mari said...

Busy but fun! Such cute kids and that new grandbaby is sweet as can be!
You look great in that pink!