Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve 2017

Christmas Eve day started with church.
On this day I sang with the worship team.

On this day we sang my favorite Christmas song,
O Holy Night.

Singing this song with Paul and Merle
is a highlight every year!!

I'm so moved by the beauty of the words in this song.

Also on this day
my grandchildren participated in the service.


Aidan reading scripture.



Paityn reading scripture.


Aidan participating in a skit....
reciting all his lines by memory!


Aidan back left, a shepherd.
Brinley sitting on the floor on left front.
Noah at the manger.
Zoe sitting on the floor next to him.
Paityn is Mary.


It was all so sweet and filled with a great message.
My heart is full!!


On this day we went to see Christmas lights.

The lights at this residence is always on our favorites list!





The lights in this town has been a favorite my whole life!

Manheim, 
you never disappoint.




Krasley Christmas light show
is our very favorite!

On this Christmas Eve night
there were many cars
filled with folks who also enjoy this show!



On this Christmas Eve night
it drizzled, snowed, rained.

Didn't keep us from enjoying it!


Another favorite neighborhood 
on this Christmas Eve.

And now we are home,
kids are snuggled in their beds ☺
waiting for you know who!

A few more things for me to do then I will head for bed too.

A very Merry Christmas to you
from us...
Dale, Ellen, and me!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet photos. Sending love across the miles to you and yours. Merry Christmas.

Kathy said...

Doris, the lights are fantastic! Thank you so much for showing them to us. How sweet to have all your grandchildren participating in the church service -- even Noah! (Having met him, I have a special place in my heart for that guy!) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Theresa said...

Beautiful lights and I LOVE that picture of you, Ellen and Dale! Enjoy your day dear Doris, sending HUGS your way! Let's take a day and REST:)

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Praying you had a wonderful Christmas Day and looking foward to a brand new year, I also pray it will be your best ever!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Merry after Christmas to you and your family, Doris As always, enjoyed seeing about your family's activities in this pre-Christmas post and the holiday lights. We've also seen Mannheim. PA decorated for Christmas and it is a lovely sight!

We are finally back home after nearly 3 weeks away and I may finally make a start on blog reading - lots of catching up to do. It was great to be able to see you, Dale and Ellen when we were in Lancaster recently. Thank you for your comments on my blog posts. All were much appreciated.

Sending our best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful and Happy 2018.

Karen said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Your family portrait is beautiful!