Saturday, November 25, 2017

Lots to Love

It's the last Saturday in November 2017. How in the world can that be?? Boggles the mind. 

Our Thanksgiving was spent with some of my hubby's family. We had amazing food made by his sister, Nancy. I asked her what to bring and she said a gluten free dessert....I made a pumpkin pie with a layer of cheesecake in it. It was yummy! The gf crust came from the freezer section at Giant and it was actually good. Been a long time since I had pie. I think I'll use the other crust to make an apple pie :)

Our daughter, Ellen, looks forward to watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. She loves parades, especially the marching bands! 


This made her a very happy girl.

Love it, love her!


As we were at Nancy's house and the day was turning to evening, I watched as the sky became more and more colorful. What an amazing view she has from her kitchen and dining room. 


A pretty sky.....Love it! 


Yesterday was spent at home. What shopping I did was all online. Packages will soon be arriving....love it!! 

While Corey and Christy did some shopping last evening, Aidan, Zoe and I (Noah went with them) watched a favorite Christmas movie.....


Elf!! We love this movie and laughed all the way through it, again. This movie is one that we will never get tired of. Love it! 


Love them! 

So today I'll do some cleaning. Ellen really wants to go away sometime today. We probably will. Not sure I want to head to the mall but maybe we will. I'd love to shop at the outlets but know they will be way too full for my shopping pleasure ;-) 

I'm rather anxious to decorate for Christmas but I'll need to wait till the guys can pull down the tubs from the attic over the garage. I don't go up there....if it had a stairs I would. Ladders are not my friends! 

I did put this little beauty out....


I got it at Community Aid thrift store for $1.50! Just ordered the little plastic bulbs from Amazon for the tree. Always wanted a ceramic tree....was even debating on purchasing one from a yard sale site.....but this little beauty will satisfy for now. Good grief, the price certainly was right!! Love it!

Happy Saturday to you! 


7 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I am ready to decorate too, but waiting on the new tree to arrive next week. The picture of the evening sky is so beautiful, and peaceful to me. Have a happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

That sure is a peaceful view from Nancy's window. I am happy that Ellen enjoyed watching the parade on tv. Looks like Aidan/Zoe enjoyed Elf, too. I can't wait to see all your decorations. I love the little house you found at the yard sale - way to go! We have stayed far away from stores this long weekend. Love to you all.

Kathy said...

You were right to not go to the outlets. They were a nightmare. But then again if you had gone we might have met up. I saw your comment on my blog where you were going to call me. Well, I was going to call you! And neither of us did so we wouldn't disturb each other. Next time I'll just call. We will be out sometime in December.

Your post is so heart-warming. I love that you love things.

Karen said...

GLAD YOU ALL HAD NICE TIME

Jean said...

I had a houseful from Thursday until today. Now I'm home alone because Dick went to the hunting cabin. Some day I'll try to catch up my blog. I have to catch up with everything. And I have not been successful in fighting off a cold this time, so that has made everything an extra challenge.

Love that little ceramic cabin and tree! Not going to get any decorating done inside this week, I'm sure. But at least the lights are up outside.

Susie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Have you left us? I miss seeing your posts and hearing what is going on with your family. Hope all is well and you are just busy.