Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Friends and the Beach

Ellen and I went to Rehoboth beach on Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. This was the 4th time we've been there with this group of friends. And it's the fourth most fabulous time! LOVE these people!!


Emily and her mother, Maureen, rode with Ellen and me. 

Marissa and her mother, Reba, rode with Bri and her mother, Marge. 

Yes, I drove. While I've never been crazy about driving, I do enjoy driving our Toyota van. And our van was perfect for transporting everyone to all the places we went while in Rehoboth! 



Everyone is hungry....Bethany Blues, here we come! 


We love Bethany Blues! They are so attentive to my Gluten issues. After the manager personally told me what I could safely eat, I chose a wedge salad with pulled pork on top of it. It was amazing!! 

After filling our bellies it was time for some walking....on the boardwalk. Ellen's favorite thing to do. That and eat ice cream on the boardwalk =) As you can see in the picture above, she did that too. 

Back at the condo we watched a movie then went to bed....at midnight! 

Saturday morning we moved slowly, made eggs and bacon for breakfast, then prepared for some sun, sand and surf!! 


Bri wanted her hair in braids....Reba was happy to do it for her. 



The day was beautiful and very warm! 

This is my happy place. I truly feel my best with my toes in the sand.....




After getting cleaned up, back to the boardwalk we went...Grottos Pizza this time! It's the best pizza and their GF crust is good too. I had my favorite margarita pizza, yum! 


Walking was in order again. What a beautiful evening!  We decided to take mother/daughter pictures. (Sorry I don't have all the pictures. They are all amazingly sweet!) As Ellen and I were waiting for our turn Ellen gave me a big smooch.....something she often does. They all said to hold that pose. So we did =)



Here's one from Friday night....



Back to the condo for another movie! This time we rocked out (some of us did!) to the amazing music in Mamma Mia. Such a fun girls movie!


Sunday morning and it was time to pack up and say 'so long' to this beautiful condo. After breakfast at IHOP, we did some shopping at the outlets then headed back to PA. Another fun beach trip filled with amazing memories is history. Looking forward to next year!! 

We always miss the other moms and daughters in this group that didn't come. We understand that not everyone is as crazy about the beach as we are ;-)


5 comments:

Jean said...

Absolutely loved this post - all of it!!!

Mari said...

What a fun time you had! I love the pictures of you and Ellen!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Fun, fun, and more fun you had. The pictures are great, especially the ones of you and Ellen.

Theresa said...

What a FUN weekend! I agree with Jean, I loved this post... all of it! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I love these photos so very much. I did finally update my blog. Did you receive my message about little Ella?