Monday, November 28, 2016

Giving Thanks

Family blesses me whether it's my own or someone else's. On Thanksgiving Day, my kids spend it with their other family and that's just fine. We were blessed to stay at our house on this Thanksgiving and celebrate with our DIL's (whom we live with) family. It didn't suit all the Scott's to come. We had a delightful time  with those who came! And the food....oh my! Delicious!!

That is one of 2 turkeys that Christy prepared for our feast. So good!!

We gather around the table...


Food is served....


Everything was so good and I was FULL into the evening!!

Brinley came over Friday afternoon. She joined Zoe and me for reading books. My favorite!



Saturday Zoe and I watched Winnie the Pooh Christmas movie.


Sunday after church we (Dale, Ellen and I) went to Longhorn Steakhouse for lunch with daughter, Gina, and her friend, David, and another daughter, Kim. It's been a long time since I've eaten at Longhorn. Our server was fantastic and the food very good!  We had a great time. 

Brinley and Paityn came over this afternoon to practice with Aidan and Zoe for Advent at church on Sunday. They also made an ornament that goes with the reading. They played, of course. We also played two rounds of Dominos. We were going to do four but the second round took forever and they were done. Next it was Mario Cart.....
They are all piled on the sofa! Noah's remote isn't for the game but he doesn't know that....he just wants to do what they all are doing!

Brinley wanted help so Christy held her and helped her steer....but that made Noah really want his mommy. Soooo....
Nana to the rescue. Not sure you could call it that, though, since I have never played a video game in all of my 62 years! It was hilarious. Brinley soon said she was sure she was better then me, hahaha!!
Oh my, that was fun :)

Yes, I'm thankful for family!


5 comments:

Kathy said...

Fun! It looks like you had quite a crowd. The kids are really cute. And the meal looks delicious. Glad you had a good day.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Family makes any holiday more special.

Karen said...

Oh it looks like lots of fun and smiles and great food! The kids can beat us Nanas at computer games, but we can beat them at tic tac toe! LOL

Theresa said...

I am feeling thankful too! I LOVE turkey, my Sister fries ours for Thanksgiving and I sure wish there were some leftovers for lunch today! Those little ones sure put a smile on our faces, don't they? Enjoy your day dear Doris! HUGS!

Jean said...

That's cool that Corey and Christy had both of you together for Thanksgiving.

TOO funny about Brinley deciding she didn't need your help!!! I have not ever played a video game in all of my 65 years, hahaha!!