Friday, March 18, 2016

Signs of Spring

I'm loving daylight savings time. Love daylight into the evening, especially so when the weather is nice and being out on my porch later in the day in MARCH, no less, is possible. Just loving it!

Trees are coming to life all over our woods!

Ahh, yes! 



Maybe we will actually have a blooming hydrangea this year!

This lovely survived the Winter and is blooming!

Lookie here.....the pansie from last Spring :) Thrills me to pieces!

And the best of all....
My one and only Lilac bush!!

Now for the bad news....we might get a 'significant snow' on Sunday. NOOOO! I'm so over cold and snow and ice and freezing temperatures. =(  this does not bring joy for me...but what can I do. At least snow at this time of the year will disappear quickly. 

One more thing...
Would you keep in your prayers the family of a childhood friend who was married my cousin....Marlene  passed away on Wednesday after a short battle with cancer. She is only one year younger than me and it feels way too soon to have her go! My heart breaks for her husband, her children, their spouses, and her grandchildren. And, her large extended family.  
Thank you for praying!

God is walking this with you, the Martin  family!


5 comments:

Linda said...

So sorry for Martin and his family....my heart goes out to them. Our snow is virtually gone here too. We haven't had much sunshine and warmth tho so I doubt if I have any flowers popping up. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can sit outside....and check my lilacs....I am afraid they didn't survive. They are my favorite....hope yours do well.

Mari said...

It's looking very Springy there! I like the results of Daylight Savings, but I wish they would just leave it be and quite changing it. I hate adjusting to the time change. :(
Sorry to hear about your cousin - will pray for her family.

Theresa said...

I am not a fan of the time changing EITHER way, Spring or Fall! With that said, I will get used to it just in time for it to change again:) LOVING all of the buds and blooms popping out all over the place! I will be praying for this family who lost their loved one:( SO sad! Hope you are enjoying some time on your porch this morning:) HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The snow is gone here as well and say it isn't so that you could get a bit more, Doris. The flowers will be shocked for sure. Sorry about your friend's passing.

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathy in your loss.

It is nice to see signs of spring at your home/yard. I know you will enjoy some porch sitting this spring/summer!