Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Snow and a Clean House

Monday it Snowed again.










It was a trying day. I do not like driving in snow.. 

Yes, it's pretty.

************************************************************

Tuesday the sun was shining and I felt like cleaning! That doesn't happen too often....feeling like it, that is. Our house was in dire need. 

Ahh, coffee break!

I also did some decorating. I'll slowly put away the Winter and replace it with Valentine's decorations.




That's what you call a 'mixed bag'......hearts and Christmas :)

I love fresh flowers. It was about a week or so where we didn't have any on the table. One day Zoe asked me where they are...she missed the flowers! We went to BJ's and carefully chose a big bunch of fresh blooms. Some went on the kitchen table and some on the dining room table. They are so pretty!

I didn't like the white candles on the tall after-Christmas sale candle holders.  But I didn't want to buy new ones. What to do..... I looked through the leftover scrapbook paper I had used for different projects (I never scrap-booked in my life).....chose a sheet, cut it in half, folded up one edge to make it the correct size, wrapped it around the candle and taped the long side to make it stay put. I liked the results!







It works for me! I won't be lighting them :)


***************************************************************

It's Wednesday morning. It's a cold and clear day, yeah! I must take Ellen to work this afternoon. Clear is good, very good! More snow tomorrow and maybe again on Sunday. 

Blessings to you this beautiful Wednesday!



6 comments:

Theresa said...

The snow is pretty! I love your pretty flowers, Valentine decorations and scrap-booked candles:) Enjoy your day dear Doris, stay safe! HUGS!

Jean said...

You need to come for a visit so I have motivation to clean. Things don't get very dirty with just two people.

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh, I wish for snow! Where is it that you live? I want to move there. I love the winter decor. There was very little left of After-Christmas sales by the time I made it home from seeing my babies. I guess I'll go shopping for hearts:)

Unknown said...

Thank you for allowing us to become friends. I enjoyed visiting your blog and seeing all the pretty pictures. My Lord, my children, and my grandchildren are very important in my life. I saw you had about the same!
Linda

Karen said...

Loved your beautiful pics! I love Valentines decorations. My neighbor decorates the yard with lights and displays for Valentines. I love it!

Mari said...

I don't like driving in snow either. Today it was icy and not nice to go to work!
Your house looks so nice! I like having flowers out too, but our cat tries to eat them. :(