Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A New Idea

We have a lot of stuff to get rid of. Stuff in the attic, basement, and the barn. Lots of stuff.

Many years ago we bought 2 church benches (pews, but we always called them benches) from the Mennonite church I grew up in. They are really, really old and very uncomfortable to sit on for long periods of time. I know. I sat on them from a tiny tot until after having my first child.

We have never done anything with them. We thought of making one of them shorter and placing it on the back porch. That would have looked wonderful. But, life got in the way and we never got it accomplished.

Now we are moving sometime in the next few months, hopefully. We don't have room for 2 long, uncomfortable church benches. I'm rather sad about that.

Today while cruising through Pinterest, I found this....


Hmmm, I wonder if Hubs will go along with my new idea?? Kinda cool though, don't you think?

Bless you today!

6 comments:

TammyLB said...

That would be amazing! And much easier on your bottom!

Doris said...

So true, my friend!!

Theresa said...

Great idea and a good way to use those benches:) Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea. Also, had you thought of putting them in the unfinished part of the basement for extra seating for parties/get-togethers etc.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This is a good idea, Doris, and very unique as well. The suggestion from Mildred of putting them in the basement for extra searing is also good, perhaps some cushions would relieve the unconfortableness. We all have to make decisions on things to keep or get rid of but these pieces seem to have such a history with your family.

Jean said...

I think it's a cool idea.

But just think how we would have loved to have some Hernley's Church benches to play "church" on when we were kids! We just had to use steps instead.