Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Volleyball and Tulips

Yesterday Kim sent me an email telling me that Andrew had a volleyball game at a nearby High School. Did we want to go? I called Dale at work, he was working near New Jersey, to see if he would be able to get back in time. He said he could so we went.

It was wonderful to see Andrew play. The team is not a strong team but they gave the opposing team a run for their money =) They lost all three games but that's ok.

 There's our boy =)

I didn't get any good action shots.
Andrew saved the play many times!


After many cool days, we are having one nice one. The tulips have opened their pretty heads to welcome the sun.

 The red and yellow tulips are from Marcy and Scott's wedding.
They wrapped red, yellow, and purple bulbs and gave them as their gift to their guests.
I will be having Dale dig up some bulbs to take with us before we move. 
I cannot leave them behind!
The purple tulips bloom a little later than the rest and I don't have as many of them.


 These red and yellow mixed tulips were a gift
or maybe I bought them in a pot to decorate my my porch.
I can't remember!


My Mother picked out this ornamental crabapple tree many years ago.
She wanted a pink dogwood tree but the nursery was out of them.
This tree is prettiest in the spring when it blooms.
(other than that, I'm not very fond of it)
Almost always, the tree and the tulips surrounding it bloom at the same time.
The tree better hurry up...
the tulips are about a week old already!


Happy Spring day to you. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I love tulips and azaleas but don't have either! I have lots of roses:) Have a blessed week sweet Doris, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to see those colorful tulips, Doris, and great that you and Dale made it to see Andrew's game as well. And about forgetting things for the retreat...those things have happened to me as well so I pack an extra memory card for the camera, charger and camera in my bag first.