- This handsome young man had a birthday -
Grandson Andrew Aleong
- We spent a fun day at Knoebel's Amusement park with Corey and Marcy's families.
Gina and Ellen are on this ride...
I am not that brave!!
Nope, not that brave!
Zoe gets a snack from Marcy and
Pop Pop has a conversation with Brinley.
Christy and Scott are looking forward to a roller coaster ride.
Ellen and Gina are in the line
way ahead of them.
They all loved this coaster!
(I don't do coasters either)
Brinley is a Daddy's girl!
We took time to eat.
The food in this park is not priced
'out of the park' =)
Yeah, a train ride!
I do ride a train!
Looking good, Aidan and Paityn!
The train takes you through the woods....
I loved this!
Gina, Aidan and Paityn go for a spin.
Zoe says Hi!
Waiting in line to ride a car.
Hubs and Ellen take a ride up the mountain
and down again.
I said -
No, thank you!
Away they go!
So are you wondering what I did all day?
I had my Kindle, of course!
And I wasn't bored in the least even though it
looks like I am!
Yes, we had fun.....
we always do!
It was a beautiful day.
The kids rode the Ferris Wheel as the last ride
after it got dark.
(I don't ride Ferris Wheels either!)
Unfortunately for Christy,
there was a spider on the ceiling of the car they rode
and she was freaked out about it for the entire ride!
- I had a mammogram. When I went to the Dr. for blood work, she looked to see if I had gotten one. I proudly said I had it scheduled. When she told me it had been November 2009 since the last one, I was surprised it had been that long. She read to me what she had noted a year ago....I had said the very same words! Oh, it came back normal =)
- I changed what I eat. I'm not being rigid about it but I need to make changes. My blood sugar is still running above normal. It was better than the last time I had it checked but not where I am not considered in the pre-diabetic range. I do not like that. So, I'm making changes. If I lose some weight, awesome.
- Aidan and Zoe came to keep me company. On Friday I mentioned that my shoes are dirty. Take a look at what happened!
Zoe took them right to the sink
and Aidan followed!
You gotta use soap if you want something to be clean.
They're all good now, Nana!
- We shopped for sneakers for Ellen. Shoe shopping for her is a challenge. It takes 2 different sizes to make a pair. I always go to the Sketcher's outlet to get sneakers. Cost was a big issue too right now. I did a lot of praying. God is so good. An employee asked if we needed help to find a shoe....I was looking w-a-y up on the top shelf where I thought I saw a size 5 1/2 for her R foot (7 for the L). He climbed up and got it for me. I told him why I was looking for the 2 sizes. Ellen loved the sneakers, they fit. The same man happened to be at the cash register when we went to pay for them. He rang them up and I thought they would have been more. He gave me $10 off since I needed to buy two pairs! Wow! I thanked him over and over. It meant the world to me! He did that even though the second pair is always half off when you purchase two =)
I did other things too. Mundane things. It all keeps the world going 'round!
Have a great day!