Monday, October 17, 2011

Andrew the Football Player

Andrew is our 16 yr. old grandson. I am so proud of him. He's playing varsity football this year. His team has been struggling for a win. That is until......

Now, before I go on, I need to explain something. I really don't care for football. I don't understand what a 1st down is or what a team has to do to get one or what positions are what. But when your Grandson is playing, one needs to put aside all that nonsense and go see the boy play.

Friday night his team played a neighboring school. We had this date on our calendar * go see Andrew play at Warwick HS* since the beginning of the season. It turned out to be a rainy day. I don't like football and I couldn't think of anything worse that sitting on a hard, cold stadium bleacher in a driving cold rain. But we were committed to go and I was determined to go with joy!

Just before it was time to leave, it started to pour again!! Fortunately, it must have been an isolated situation.The football field did not share the downpour =)

We watched Andrew play. We watched his team score. We clapped and cheered. Zoe charmed everyone around her....had to throw that in =) Lynn yelled his lungs out! Some stumpted on the metal bleachers, which made an aweful racket, to motivate the team. I guess that's the purpose!

And they won!!!!

This was one happy young man

Andrew with his happy Aunt Ellen



I asked his Mom (my daughter Kim) if his Nana (me) should attend more often!! Andrew also thought that could be a very good thing =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Andrew! Wow, he is so powerful looking! I know he was especially thrilled for you all to be there and see the win!
Once, just once, I attended a college football game with a boyfriend way back in the 70's. It rained hard and it was soooo cold and the guy did not have heat in his car!!!!! I'm not much of a fan either!

Theresa said...

What a handsome Grandson! I LOVE Football and watch ALL games I can:) Grandparents do all sorts of uncomfortable things for our Grandkids! That's just what we do! Love hearing about your days! Enjoy your evening dear Doris, HUGS!

Barb said...

I'm with you Doris when it comes to ignorance of football. I'm learning some things very slowly but it's great to watch when it's someone special playing. That's a great picture of Ellen and Andrew!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Check out my post today, Doris. There is a little surprise in it for you.

fondly,
glenda

Jean said...

What an awesome picture!!!!! You're just like me. I went to most of Frank's and Ray's games, but basically just watched what they were doing. When people would cheer or boo I would quietly ask Dick, "What just happened?" I must say, though, that I must have learned something, because I do know what a first, second, third, and fourth down is, hahahahaha!